Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

This is something to note. This is the first that Milan has played outside of its brand spanking new stadium since the regular season. Will the Dogs be able to bring that same passion, energy, and juice to the field when they are not playing at Johnnie Hale? I believe they will. Will it be enough? That is the question.

I know that Milan is going to miss collecting the gate money from the reduced crowds and JH this coming game.... I guess they are going to have to give out more speeding tickets.... BE CAREFUL IF YOU COMING THROUGH MILAN!!! I have had 1 speeding ticket in my entire life and I got it coming into Milan. 

Milan loves their town and they want you to see it for a long time!!! Drive too fast and you will have to the town and the judge! 

Milan will travel well. 1000 tickets were sold to Milan fans on the first day of release. GO DAWGS!!!

19 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Really looking forward to attending this game Friday.   My best friend of 30+ years is the PA guy for Milan and I  did get to attend a game earlier this year and was really impressed with them.   Love the Milan running back but don't remember his name. Not real tall but built like a battering ram.  I was able to speak with him before the game and he was extremely humble and very respectful.   Love to see young men that know how to act in public.  Not to mention the kid is a hard running never gives up player.   I know Milan has their work cut out for them with Alcoa but it can be done.   

Either way,  looking forward to that one and the Oakland game which is my local team.  I've been the scoreboard operator at Oakland for the last 5 years so I reckon I'm partial to them.  

Go Dawgs, Go Pats!

Jon is the best PA announcer ever and his wife is our team photographer. They are awesome people. We so appreciate them in our small town!!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dawgforlife said:

Jon is the best PA announcer ever and his wife is our team photographer. They are awesome people. We so appreciate them in our small town!!! 

I completely agree with you about this. He is fantastic! Milan is truly blessed to have such a voice! He has legit talent! I got to shake his hand and tell him this a few weeks ago. Honestly, this is true talent. I promise you do not pick up the microphone and start talking. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I completely agree with you about this. He is fantastic! Milan is truly blessed to have such a voice! He has legit talent! I got to shake his hand and tell him this a few weeks ago. Honestly, this is true talent. I promise you do not pick up the microphone and start talking. 

Jon lived down the street from me in high school in a tiny little town in SE Arkansas called McGehee.  I used to have to give him a ride to school because my mom made me.  He was a year younger than me and I hated I had to give this chump a ride. We became close and basically have been brothers ever since.   You won't meet a more kind and caring couple than Jon and Jennifer.   Amazing that he and I both just kind of accidentally wound up in Tennessee but glad it all worked out that way.   

Oh by the way,  talking ain't never been a problem for Jon-Jon.  That's what we called him back in high school.  If you go to the game Friday and see him, I'll be the one with him wearing a Oakland hat.  He has yet to score me any Milan gear.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dawgforlife said:

Jennifer is very good with a camera for sure.   I guess I've known Jennifer since a month or so after they started dating over 30 years ago now.  Back then photography was a big hobby of mine and she was just starting to get into it so she a.and I used to spend a  lot of time talking cameras and lenses and shots.  She's gotten really really good at it now and it doesn't surprise me in the least.   That girl can do just about anything.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

Really looking forward to attending this game Friday.   My best friend of 30+ years is the PA guy for Milan and I  did get to attend a game earlier this year and was really impressed with them.   Love the Milan running back but don't remember his name. Not real tall but built like a battering ram.  I was able to speak with him before the game and he was extremely humble and very respectful.   Love to see young men that know how to act in public.  Not to mention the kid is a hard running never gives up player.   I know Milan has their work cut out for them with Alcoa but it can be done.   

Either way,  looking forward to that one and the Oakland game which is my local team.  I've been the scoreboard operator at Oakland for the last 5 years so I reckon I'm partial to them.  

Go Dawgs, Go Pats!

When you said battering ram that tells me you were talking about Gy’derius Easley. That kid is a beast!!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 minute ago, mhsbd89 said:

Who is the last 3A public school to beat Alcoa? 

I could be wrong but I Don’t think they have lost to a public school in their class since maybe ‘03??  I know they were 2A then so they might have lost a 3A game to Fulton somewhere in there but probably not. Since moving up to 3A in ‘09 I believe their only losses within the class were to CPA and CAK. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I could be wrong but I Don’t think they have lost to a public school in their class since maybe ‘03??  I know they were 2A then so they might have lost a 3A game to Fulton somewhere in there but probably not. Since moving up to 3A in ‘09 I believe their only losses within the class were to CPA and CAK. 

It would be 2011 when Austin East beat Alcoa 24-7 in the regular season.  Alcoa finished 8-4 that year losing to CAK in the Quarters 38-37 and CAK beating Austin East in the Semi’s 35-27.  Milan fans should remember that CAK team they faced in the finals that year with the air raid offensive of Charlie High, Josh Smith, and Davis Howell

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

It would be 2011 when Austin East beat Alcoa 24-7 in the regular season.  Alcoa finished 8-4 that year losing to CAK in the Quarters 38-37 and CAK beating Austin East in the Semi’s 35-27.  Milan fans should remember that CAK team they faced in the finals that year with the air raid offensive of Charlie High, Josh Smith, and Davis Howell

Good one swipes. I had forgotten about that loss to AE. But yes I remember Charlie High and that squad very well. Have nightmares about them. But honestly this Milan team is much better than those Milan teams. 

I agree with the methodical approach mentioned but it could come fast and furious as well. Milan won't score more than 7 points all game against this Alcoa defense. They haven't seen anything like it. And Alcoa's offense is in top gear right now. Let's all just go ahead and admit it finally. There are no other 3A schools that can compete with Alcoa right now. They are undeniably the cream of the crop.

Edited by SteveFlynn
Spelling