Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

As an outsider, that was a very classless move to go for 2, Alcoa clearly the better team by a lot, Milan a team without the horses battling every play, but you go for 2, lost some respect for the tornadoes today

Sometimes getting to that 35 pt running clock I do understand...not defending just saying and I’m an outsider 

1 minute ago, shockernation said:

Sometimes getting to that 35 pt running clock I do understand...not defending just saying and I’m an outsider 

Getting to the running clock in the 3rd quarter or early 4th would be reasonable; there wasn't much time left and Rankin should have kicked it; going for 2 was the wrong move up 34-0 late in 4th 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

As an outsider, that was a very classless move to go for 2, Alcoa clearly the better team by a lot, Milan a team without the horses battling every play, but you go for 2, lost some respect for the tornadoes today

Alcoa is a classless program. They stack trophies in 3A just so they can say they have more than Maryville. They’ll never be what Maryville is until they move up and prove they can do it on a fair playing field. I hate it for 3A football. Milan is the real 3A champs today. 

On 11/29/2020 at 5:28 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes the whole staff and town are fired up but I imagine him especially would have some extra motivation. This coaching staff has made it known from day one that the goal was to knock off the Tornadoes. Now they got their chance. 

Goal was to knock off Alcoa ? Why are y’all moving up to 4A then ??  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I understand trying to get to 35 but not with 2 min left in game 

I get both sides! But it’s miserable conditions so let’s get outta here or kick it with class? Interesting debate I suppose..when I was watching I told my wife who said that’s just wrong and I said that he’s just getting the game where the clock won’t stop anymore 

• Like 1