Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Congratulations Alcoa. You Guy's had A Great Football Team this Year. I really think the way the emphasis is put on Defense First really separates Alcoa from most everyone Else. The coaching staff seems to concentrate on Defense . I'm not sure I have ever seen Alcoa play that they were not good on defense . Congrats to Milan as well I seen some very good athlete's on the field today for milan and if #1 and #9 orcoming back next year they will have a shot in 4 A. It will be much more competitive in 4A with the 4 or 5 knoxville school's coming in to district 2 and Pearl cohn and milan out West. Should be lots of fun 

Edited by Greendevil87
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shockernation said:

Sometimes getting to that 35 pt running clock I do understand...not defending just saying and I’m an outsider 

going for 2 up 33-0 with a minute and change left....I understand Alcoa's reasoning...they were worried Milan would score a TD on the last play of the game and for the PAT Milan would line up and go for 28....makes sense...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tribefan98 said:

Alcoa is a classless program. They stack trophies in 3A just so they can say they have more than Maryville. They’ll never be what Maryville is until they move up and prove they can do it on a fair playing field. I hate it for 3A football. Milan is the real 3A champs today. 

I'm just catching up and I guess we all have opinions.

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa was putting multiple guys in the NFL when the had less than 300 students long before Coach Rankin came to Alcoa.  Coach Rankin has created a program with great community support, amazing assistant coaches, kids that have bought in and are willing to pay the price.  He has a system that works.  Those kids put in an unbelievable amount of work for teenagers. I wish folks wouldn't try to belittle their effort and accomplishments.

Kids played hard on both sides. Alcoa did what Alcoa always does, WIN!! I am proud of Alcoa and their winning ways. Rankin maybe a lot of things but a Crook is not one of them. 

Like it or not Alcoa is in 3A. So if your school is in that classification then you’ll more than likely be playing for 2nd for the foreseeable future. They are just that good.  Now they aren’t good enough to win 6A state championships year in and year out but they can compete with most anyone in 6A outside of a few teams.  Rankin has built a solid program and you cannot fault the kids for wanting to come and play for him.  You see this same kind of thing in every sport in every state.  So at the end of the day just give credit where credit is due. Congratulations to the Alcoa Tornadoes on yet another State Championship. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Spotlock said:

Kids played hard on both sides. Alcoa did what Alcoa always does, WIN!! I am proud of Alcoa and their winning ways. Rankin maybe a lot of things but a Crook is not one of them. 

who played for Alcoa, besides Randall Cobb, has gone the the NFL?...and how many times has Alcoa been state champs but not Blount County champs?...

Edited by cofo