Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

41 minutes ago, Wizard21 said:

Much respect for the Milan kids them going for 2 up 33-0.  Dork

The man you are calling a dork would turn you upside down by your shoelaces and shake the change out of your pockets. Some keyboard warrior you are. I bet your one of them purple and pink haired antifa punks that lives in mommas basement.:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

No it wouldnt have lol. Alcoa lost to Maryville. The score of Oakland vs Maryville did not look like it was a close game. Alcoa rules 3a. But they stay there for a reason....Oakland woulda steam rolled them. 

You don't seem very intelligent.  Football is a game of match-ups.  Oakland dominated Maryville on the line of scrimmage.  Believe it or not, Alcoa's OL and particularly their DL were much better than Maryville's this year.  Any football fan that watched both play could tell you that.  The only team in any public classification in Cookeville this year that could beat Alcoa is Oakland.  And it would've been much closer than the Oakland/Maryville game

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wizard21 said:

And who was that? I’m well aware they were in 2A prior. Huntingdon had them down bad and lost 2004. Just Bc u have a lot of post doesn’t mean anything. Who was the last public school in 3A to beat Alcoa. 

Alcoa went 8-5 in 2011. Lost to Austin East.  And yes I know it doesn’t mean anything since I post a lot. What does mean something is that I know what I’m talking about when I do post and don’t say stuff that isn’t true. You should try it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Congrats to Milan on a great season. Enjoyed hanging out with BPM today. Y’all will be a force in 4A next year. Came a very long way in just a short time. :thumb: 

Also, congrats to Alcoa on a great season. Will miss the seniors as they move on. Tons of special talent from top to bottom. 

Yes, winning the championship was fun , but getting to spend time with my good friend BPM was better, he is such a great fan and supporter of his Milan Dawgs! He loves his Community,  the community support and the new Milan Field. It is a beautiful field! I wish for him, the continued success and improvement with the Milan program in 4A!

Love ya Brother!:thumb:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TinPigskin said:

You don't seem very intelligent.  Football is a game of match-ups.  Oakland dominated Maryville on the line of scrimmage.  Believe it or not, Alcoa's OL and particularly their DL were much better than Maryville's this year.  Any football fan that watched both play could tell you that.  The only team in any public classification in Cookeville this year that could beat Alcoa is Oakland.  And it would've been much closer than the Oakland/Maryville game

To bad we'll never see that because you'll never know until it's played which won't happen on Captain Gary's watch. My thoughts are depth which would cause a run away mid third quarter. Even Maryville didn't have the depth to stay with those guys. One of the very few times I've seen a Maryville team throw in the towel like that.

8 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa had a very strong senior class this year.  They return a rock solid core in 2021 as always but they'll have about a dozen guys to replace as well.  

#2 and #12 were injured this postseason but they were key parts to Alcoa's success the last 4 years.  

Hard to replace great players, but here would be my attempt, in same order now, after spring and summer practices the other spots will fill in the gaps. The Oline will be unreal, with a LOADED backfield! Coach Nix will build another killer defense just like he and Coach Gamble alway do!

-

-

-

Plus, some serious talent coming from a Middle School Championship Team! Reload...don't rebuild!