Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

5 hours ago, Milanfootballislife said:

I’m going to jump on and steer this thread back to the Milan vs Alcoa championship game. I’ve been around on coach T since 2015 but don’t say much. My middle son was a senior on this year’s Milan team. In all honestly, a lot of our kids were star struck just being on the same field as Alcoa in a championship game. A huge chunk of were little boys when Alcoa played Milan in the 2008 & 2009 championship games and several have fathers/uncles that played on the 1998 & 1999 championship teams . Over the course of the week leading up to the championship several parents posted pictures of current players present at those games back in the day remembering those little boys saying back then that one day they would be back playing against Alcoa when they grew up. At the age of 7, my oldest used to sit in class at school and flip his worksheets over writing stories of Milan beating Alcoa. It was a dream to meet them on the field. My dad coached with Coach Tucker and my son followed in his footsteps in coaching the Bulldogs. He was on the sidelines yesterday as an coach. Coaching against Alcoa in the state championship was a dream of his since we took him to those championship games in 2008 & 2009. My senior was at those same games at the ages of 5 and 6. Playing against Alcoa in the state championship himself had been on these kids minds since they picked up footballs for the first time. So for them, yesterday was not just another Alcoa beat down. It was the fulfillment of many childhood dreams. Win or lose they made it to the dance. The road for this senior class hasn’t been easy. They have been through 3 head coaches, 3 OCs, and 3 DCs over the course of their high school careers. They have had coaches get into physical altercations in the middle of games and even have another coach hauled off in a cop car and thrown in jail. Half the town of Milan rooted for their failure since the first snap of the ball this season as an act of loyalty to the prior coach. These same people tried with all their might to get some of players to transfer schools as acts of loyalty to the previous coach and tried to provoke racial divides that were not there between the players. So needless to say, these players had been through heck. For the most part, this group of seniors had played together since they were in the 3rd grade and reaching the championship game together, in spite of all those that tried to tear their team apart this season was something to behold. A shutout in the championship game is a humiliating way to end anyone’s high school career but just getting there was the prize. I’ve never been as proud of taking a shut out defeat in all of my life. Milan is extremely proud of this team that has overcome so much and that silver ball represents so much more than just second place to our town. My third son doesn’t move into high school football for 4 more years, so until then...it’s been real coach t.  

O, I thought only white people could be racist.... JK. Great post. I did not realize that there was a big part of the town that was trying to rally behind Teddy getting canned and trying to sabotage y'alls season. 

Like I stated earlier, IMO, Milan is the state champs. Alcoa would easily win 8 of the 9 available Gold balls every single year. They would compete in the 9th one. 

10 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

O, I thought only white people could be racist.... JK. Great post. I did not realize that there was a big part of the town that was trying to rally behind Teddy getting canned and trying to sabotage y'alls season. 

Like I stated earlier, IMO, Milan is the state champs. Alcoa would easily win 8 of the 9 available Gold balls every single year. They would compete in the 9th one. 

Yes, after we beat them first game some people from Milan were already calling for Diffee’s head at the helm, but Diffee is the guy.. he’s the one that can make Milan return to their old winning ways instead of being 6-6 and 2nd round finish. I hope those types of fans look past that and appreciate Diffee. Those same people that were like that the first game were making posts and such about how proud they were. I’m not calling anyone out but all that stuff is just a bunch of mess. It will be your own kind that’s toxic<_<  

Edited by Goldenpride

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Yes, after we beat them first game some people from Milan were already calling for Diffee’s head at the helm, but Diffee is the guy.. he’s the one that can make Milan return to their old winning ways instead of being 6-6 and 2nd round finish. I hope those types of fans look past that and appreciate Diffee. Those same people that were like that the first game were making posts abs such about how proud they were. I’m not calling anyone out but all that stuff is just a bunch of mess. Diffee is a stand up guy  

Calling for Diffee's head after he played Peabody in his first game ever with extremely limited practice times, no 7 on 7, no scrimmages, is just stupid. Stupid is the only word that comes to mind. It is not like Milan lost to Bolivar, or some other hapless team for goodness sakes, it freaking Peabody. I am not sure but I think they just won their 3rd consecutive 2A title. They also have the longest winning streak in the all the state... Calling for his head is beyond stupid. I am going to have get a dictionary out and try to find a word that means beyond stupid. 

1 hour ago, cofo said:

Oakland beat Murville like a rented mule and Murville beat Alcoa....so what makes you think that?

Look I know Alcoa folks are going to take it as bad mouthing them but I'm not. Oakland is the best team in the state regardless of division or classification. I personally think if Oakland played the tornadoes the score would be like the Oakland-Maryville game.

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

Calling for Diffee's head after he played Peabody in his first game ever with extremely limited practice times, no 7 on 7, no scrimmages, is just stupid. Stupid is the only word that comes to mind. It is not like Milan lost to Bolivar, or some other hapless team for goodness sakes, it freaking Peabody. I am not sure but I think they just won their 3rd consecutive 2A title. They also have the longest winning streak in the all the state... Calling for his head is beyond stupid. I am going to have get a dictionary out and try to find a word that means beyond stupid. 

It is sad but it’s true. Been told this by a few of my old working buddies. Teddys best shot to beat us when he was head coach was in 2018 and he did an awful job at managing a lead late in the game and we came back and won. That’s stuff you start talking about, not losing to a 2 time defending state champ with limited practices and 7 on 7’s. Milan was the best team we played all year, granted McKenzie pushed us to the limited in the 3rd round, but we play Milan later in the year and it would a great game and would go either way

5 hours ago, Milanfootballislife said:

I’m going to jump on and steer this thread back to the Milan vs Alcoa championship game. I’ve been around on coach T since 2015 but don’t say much. My middle son was a senior on this year’s Milan team. In all honestly, a lot of our kids were star struck just being on the same field as Alcoa in a championship game. A huge chunk of were little boys when Alcoa played Milan in the 2008 & 2009 championship games and several have fathers/uncles that played on the 1998 & 1999 championship teams . Over the course of the week leading up to the championship several parents posted pictures of current players present at those games back in the day remembering those little boys saying back then that one day they would be back playing against Alcoa when they grew up. At the age of 7, my oldest used to sit in class at school and flip his worksheets over writing stories of Milan beating Alcoa. It was a dream to meet them on the field. My dad coached with Coach Tucker and my son followed in his footsteps in coaching the Bulldogs. He was on the sidelines yesterday as an coach. Coaching against Alcoa in the state championship was a dream of his since we took him to those championship games in 2008 & 2009. My senior was at those same games at the ages of 5 and 6. Playing against Alcoa in the state championship himself had been on these kids minds since they picked up footballs for the first time. So for them, yesterday was not just another Alcoa beat down. It was the fulfillment of many childhood dreams. Win or lose they made it to the dance. The road for this senior class hasn’t been easy. They have been through 3 head coaches, 3 OCs, and 3 DCs over the course of their high school careers. They have had coaches get into physical altercations in the middle of games and even have another coach hauled off in a cop car and thrown in jail. Half the town of Milan rooted for their failure since the first snap of the ball this season as an act of loyalty to the prior coach. These same people tried with all their might to get some of players to transfer schools as acts of loyalty to the previous coach and tried to provoke racial divides that were not there between the players. So needless to say, these players had been through heck. For the most part, this group of seniors had played together since they were in the 3rd grade and reaching the championship game together, in spite of all those that tried to tear their team apart this season was something to behold. A shutout in the championship game is a humiliating way to end anyone’s high school career but just getting there was the prize. I’ve never been as proud of taking a shut out defeat in all of my life. Milan is extremely proud of this team that has overcome so much and that silver ball represents so much more than just second place to our town. My third son doesn’t move into high school football for 4 more years, so until then...it’s been real coach t.  

Out of curiosity did your youngest son play in the West Carroll tackle league this year?