Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

38 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You might be able to search it. I was in that thread but I was using a different screen name I can’t even remember what it was. I do remember saying all week we were going to get run over by the ztrain lol. He got hammered broke collarbone I believe. They looked like they were in slow motion compared our players :roflolk:

The z-train met Mcwen in the hole and it was over from there.

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

That one player was a Man!!! He went to central Florida then transferred to Texas AM. Don’t short change it. We met him in the semi and saw it up close. 

Dude was a hoss no question about it. Easily one of the best hs RB’s I’ve seen. Wished you guys had Goldsmith to run him down, would’ve been two titans clashing 

37 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

That was the year after we beat them. They lost 2 more states to Memphis Trezevant. All week they said we were soft and couldn’t handle that Zeman kid and boom we won 34-7 and none of them commented on here after :roflol:

Funny thing is Peabody and Memphis Trezvant starting qbs name was MALONE.

25 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

He was. Very tough

Yes I am. I’m not saying we should have beat meigs because they are a great team, but without the 3 weeks off before that, we coulda came out better from the jump and not just the second half. I hope it’s easy at state but who knows. 

I was impressed with Meigs vs SP.  But impressed with SP also.  You guys spread them out and they had some problems with that.  You guys were a little undersized compared to their size.  Peabody matches up really well size wise.  We are just as big and it will be interesting to see how our line does against theirs.  They have a good RB and Qb.  Probably more than that but they are the 2 that stand out.

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

I was impressed with Meigs vs SP.  But impressed with SP also.  You guys spread them out and they had some problems with that.  You guys were a little undersized compared to their size.  Peabody matches up really well size wise.  We are just as big and it will be interesting to see how our line does against theirs.  They have a good RB and Qb.  Probably more than that but they are the 2 that stand out.

I was too with SP. I just don’t see any team from our side that could’ve matched well with them. Good RB’s and Wr’s to go along with a big TE. They have size as well, was very impressed and think they will have no problem. 

Meigs QB and RB make them going pretty well with some good sized lineman. They play hard and with intensity 

16 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

I was too with SP. I just don’t see any team from our side that could’ve matched well with them. Good RB’s and Wr’s to go along with a big TE. They have size as well, was very impressed and think they will have no problem. 

Meigs QB and RB make them going pretty well with some good sized lineman. They play hard and with intensity 

For sure.  That RB is fast--QB is impressive too.  (Meigs)

Speaking of SP.  I think last years LC could have but that is last year.  Next year they will have to deal with us or McKenzie

Edited by Golddoctor

14 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Dude was a hoss no question about it. Easily one of the best hs RB’s I’ve seen. Wished you guys had Goldsmith to run him down, would’ve been two titans clashing 

They had Goldsmith but he was injured. Goldsmith is actually what got me keeping up with TCA. That dude was putting up numbers that was out of this world. But I asked a lot of them if Goldsmith was healthy would it have made a difference and they said not much. Richardson was a bad dude but their whole team was loaded with athletes 

18 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

East Tennessee people, not all, are ____________(fill in the blanks)  They say we are thugs because of our diversity and that's putting it nicely.  Marion County was very good in their neck of the woods but when they played Peabody, it was no contest.  Meigs gave us a scare last year and I expect much of the same Saturday.

I dislike Jasper! For the record they have won more Gold balls than Peabody so they must of been pretty good in your neck of the woods at times.

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’m cheering for ya this week. I want that streak in tact when we come to your house in August. I would be cheering for you guys anyway. 

It's a Gibson County thing. I am very proud of what Milan has done this year.  Milan's success does not surprise me.  I think you guys would have beaten Covington again.  Go get the Gold

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, team69 said:

I dislike Jasper! For the record they have won more Gold balls than Peabody so they must of been pretty good in your neck of the woods at times.

I was talking about those times.  Yes they did beat a good Humboldt team years ago.  I think they had a back named Westmoreland.  The East has always been dominate but the west has caught up.  It's the style of play and good coaches that has stepped it up.  Peabody and Milan would have at least 4 more state championships if it had not been for the Privates and yeah the Open enrollment stuff

For the record, they played 3 West tennessee teams in a row and did not beat either.  I did pull for them because any team that has played 3 in a row deserves one. lol

Edited by Golddoctor