Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

4 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

i guarantee it happened in every game played sat lol boys will be boys as Bobby Bowden use to say lol if you played ball I am sure your emotions ran wild at some time lol. I am not taking up for the kid by no means lol but it happens. I did worse in college lol and i didn't mean too lol

Sure I played. I didnt do anything like that. It was made clear what would happen if you got caught doing something like that you would be booted 

Just now, Tide21 said:

Sure I played. I didnt do anything like that. It was made clear what would happen if you got caught doing something like that you would be booted 

ok I am sorry no kid should ever do that I did not mean to seem I approved of it in any way was just stateing in happens in a game of emotions in a big game like state. Sorry to offend you in any ways I am sure you were not like that and was a heck of a high school player. Again sorry guy

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

It did haha 

I always use these numbers knowing that we can score 35 points at anytime.  I usually give the other team the benefit of the doubt.  That's why I give 14 points when it is a good opponent. But that score did hold up quite well.  Notice: Our 1st game of season: Milan 13    Last game  Meigs 13

Peabody 34 & 35.

8 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I always use these numbers knowing that we can score 35 points at anytime.  I usually give the other team the benefit of the doubt.  That's why I give 14 points when it is a good opponent. But that score did hold up quite well.  Notice: Our 1st game of season: Milan 13    Last game  Meigs 13

Peabody 34 & 35.

I get it but i was just unsure about How well  meigs was going to defend us. Their Hampton score was questionable but then they defended tc well but tc was run heavy 

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I get it but i was just unsure about How well  meigs was going to defend us. Their Hampton score was questionable but then they defended tc well but tc was run heavy 

I saw where teams with lessor talent moving the ball on Meigs.  That gave me confidence. But those drives was when Meigs put it in cruise control. They were deserving of the silver ball.  I don't think McKenzie would have beat them like we did.  It would be a closer game.   That last drive we had was a sense of urgency.  When our backs are to the wall, we tend to respond. Beautiful drive to end the game. Nail on the coffin drive.   It's like we turned it up a notch or two

Edited by Golddoctor

8 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

I saw where teams with lessor talent moving the ball on Meigs.  That gave me confidence. But those drives was when Meigs put it in cruise control. They were deserving of the silver ball.  I don't think McKenzie would have beat them like we did.  It would be a closer game.   That last drive we had was a sense of urgency.  When our backs are to the wall, we tend to respond. Beautiful drive to end the game. Nail on the coffin drive.   It's like we turned it up a notch or two

Prior to the last drive it seemed as if we had backed off on offense and defense. I think a bit of it was coaching being conservative 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Prior to the last drive it seemed as if we had backed off on offense and defense. I think a bit of it was coaching being conservative 

Agreed and a four score lead will do that ! I know Meigs fans would like to disagree but the game was never in question and could a been more loppsided with a break or two ! I couldn't believe Mr Jones dropped that int. On Meigs 5 or 6 yard line,he was seeing the TD before his hands secured it, what a great group of young men we have,I will never forget one of the players last year blowing our guys kisses last year warming up,funniest thing I have ever seen,I thought what a bad move but at same time thought that's some stuff I woulda done in that day hahahaha!!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Agreed and a four score lead will do that ! I know Meigs fans would like to disagree but the game was never in question and could a been more loppsided with a break or two ! I couldn't believe Mr Jones dropped that int. On Meigs 5 or 6 yard line,he was seeing the TD before his hands secured it, what a great group of young men we have,I will never forget one of the players last year blowing our guys kisses last year warming up,funniest thing I have ever seen,I thought what a bad move but at same time thought that's some stuff I woulda done in that day hahahaha!!!

Haha I didn’t see that