Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I read the article. While it is short it does not indicate that anyone from Meigs had the positive case. In fact it said the exposure occurred over the weekend. Had it been a coach at Meigs or assistant coach the exposure would have likely occurred prior to the weekend as im sure no one with the Meigs team stopped what they were doing to go get a Covid test while I’m Cookeville. Also it said other teams (plural) were notified of possible contact. That would make someone think that it had to be someone outside the Meigs program that was exposed to multiple teams. The article does not show any evidence what so ever that a Meigs coach or assistant knowingly had Covid and went on this trip anyway. 

Appreciate the post man, I wasnt gonna comment cause this person has tried to stir crap about Meigs ever since his own team didn't get to play a playoff game due to a positive test. I highly doubt any wrong doing was done albeit I wasnt there to say with 100% certainty. We have good people at coaching positions Ive met them all that coach football and they all seem to be really good folk. That being said your girls program got beat by Meigs after you pretty much assured a victory. How did that work out for ya lol.:mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Appreciate the post man, I wasnt gonna comment cause this person has tried to stir crap about Meigs ever since his own team didn't get to play a playoff game due to a positive test. I highly doubt any wrong doing was done albeit I wasnt there to say with 100% certainty. We have good people at coaching positions Ive met them all that coach football and they all seem to be really good folk. That being said your girls program got beat by Meigs after you pretty much assured a victory. How did that work out for ya lol.:mrgreen:

Yeah it appears he has an axe to grind. 

On 12/4/2020 at 9:27 PM, TFLpride said:

And also, the coaches were basketball coaches and that is why the BASKETBALL game was canceled. And last thing, did you join the T just to say this??? Lol

All I'm saying is that my buddy whose got kids in Meigs said that the assistant basketball coach (who also) coaches football coached Tues night basketball game vs Bradley. The other basketball coach, who he coached besides during the entire game, got sick and tested on Wed and got results of positive on Fri and the whole basketball team and all other coaches were told to quarantine on Fri. However, the one assistant coach who also coaches football, did not quarantine and coached at the game on Saturday. And now come Tuesday I read an article saying all players are quarantined and a player is sick and and my buddy says the football coaches were at the basketball game on Monday against my Lady Cherokees. FYI they had an off night.

I don't like Meigs or Central, never have. I'm a loyal Cherokee but I do care about players and I don't know all the guidelines, but when guidelines (whatever they are) are strictly enforced that keep kids from accomplishing their dreams and what all they worked for (my Cherokees) who I am not defending as we messed up apparently... but other schools (Meigs) are apparently doing the same thing and as a result kids get sick and nothing happens it doesn't seem right. But to be told I was clueless when I made my original post several days ago based off what my friend said now seems to have some merit. 

1 minute ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

I don't like Meigs or Central, never have. I'm a loyal Cherokee but I do care about players and I don't know all the guidelines, but when guidelines (whatever they are) are strictly enforced that keep kids from accomplishing their dreams and what all they worked for (my Cherokees) who I am not defending as we messed up apparently... but other schools (Meigs) are apparently doing the same thing and as a result kids get sick and nothing happens it doesn't seem right. But to be told I was clueless when I made my original post several days ago based off what my friend said now seems to have some merit. 

The problem is you heard something from your buddy who heard it thru his kids. You don’t have first hand info or second hand info. You have third hand info at best. Also you point to an article that offers no acknowledgment of your assumptions what so ever. Me personally I would not question the character of these coaches without solid proof. And you seem content with doing that any way. 

19 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

All I'm saying is that my buddy whose got kids in Meigs said that the assistant basketball coach (who also) coaches football coached Tues night basketball game vs Bradley. The other basketball coach, who he coached besides during the entire game, got sick and tested on Wed and got results of positive on Fri and the whole basketball team and all other coaches were told to quarantine on Fri. However, the one assistant coach who also coaches football, did not quarantine and coached at the game on Saturday. And now come Tuesday I read an article saying all players are quarantined and a player is sick and and my buddy says the football coaches were at the basketball game on Monday against my Lady Cherokees. FYI they had an off night.

You're still going on hearsay ( If that part is even true ) and I'm sure if your source was willing to talk about it openly he could be corrected to the truth. If what you are saying is true about the parent at Meigs im sure this kid isn't getting the playtime at whatever sport he plays. You actually have been very nice so I wont get ugly either, however until your buddy mans up and airs his own beef this will be hearsay and false accusations. Kinda like a collusion story I heard for 4 years if you get my drift.

The off night is the best part of this lol. Your the one who talked basketball smack, I don't even follow it. 

Edited by Yeti

You are right as to I have only heard it from the one source but just because it is from his kid it doesn't mean it is a lie. If I knew more people from Meigs I'd ask them. But I would imagine if you were to ask any (basketball) parents or fans in Meigs or if the news was to ask about the basketball coaches that they would tell you what I have. Which is that one of the assistant basketball coaches, who also coaches football, and was at the game Sat when he coached alongside another basketball coach on Tues night who was positive.  I am sure there is game film that shows him coaching on Tues beside the coach who tested positive and game film of him being at the game on Sat. But you are right I don't know for sure if that basketball coach had Covid or just had a stomach bug but why would they quarantine the whole basketball team on Fri if he wasn't positive?

Yeti: I love my Lady Cherokees and they let me down but they always take a week or two to get warmed up and I know they will get em on the next game haha. Yes it is collusion, perhaps. And the motives as to my buddy telling me about it at work may be that his son/daughter may not be getting playing time, I'm not sure. But regardless if it's true that is messed up. But my motive is that I don't want players/coaches/fans or anyone to get this terrible virus that doesn't have to, prayers for Coalfield, and my 2nd motive is that TSSAA put these rules in place for schools to be there own overwatch and by doing so some schools cheat and nothing happens and other schools have rules enforced upon them for mishandling a situation that causes there season to end.

Edited by MCCherokee2020

6 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

You are right as to I have only heard it from the one source but just because it is from his kid it doesn't mean it is a lie. If I knew more people from Meigs I'd ask them. But I would imagine if you were to ask any (basketball) parents or fans in Meigs or if the news was to ask about the basketball coaches that they would tell you what I have. Which is that one of the assistant basketball coaches, who also coaches football, and was at the game Sat when he coached alongside another basketball coach on Tues night who was positive.  I am sure there is game film that shows him coaching on Tues beside the coach who tested positive and game film of him being at the game on Sat. But you are right I don't know for sure if that basketball coach had Covid or just had a stomach bug but why would they quarantine the whole basketball team on Fri if he wasn't positive?

Your source being a kid doesn't give it much merit man. I'm not one to call someone a liar but I've been around kids to know they are not exactly the best source for news as far it having many facts to support their story whatever it may be. I will say stuff like this is a cancer if non fact based.. and if the kid and parent is so worried for their safety McMinn County is pretty close if they want to move. 

2 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

Yeti: I love my Lady Cherokees and they let me down but they always take a week or two to get warmed up and I know they will get em on the next game haha. Yes it is collusion, perhaps. And the motives as to my buddy telling me about it at work may be that his son/daughter may not be getting playing time, I'm not sure. But regardless if it's true that is messed up. But my motive is that I don't want players/coaches/fans or anyone to get this terrible virus that doesn't have to, prayers for Coalfield, and my 2nd motive is that TSSAA put these rules in place for schools to be there own overwatch and by doing so some schools cheat and nothing happens and other schools have rules enforced upon them for mishandling a situation that causes there season to end.

You really seem to be a good guy man. And I agree with what your saying as far as people and coaches following rules. But there are no facts to support what your buddy has said. The fact that if its true he has a kid on the team makes this story much more questionable. Do you think your buddy will let his kid pkay now that they are according to your own post exposed lol? Think about it and get back with me. We both know the answer. I truly believe if your friend is the actual accuser they are saying these things due to being unhappy for whatever reason. 

27 minutes ago, Yeti said:

You really seem to be a good guy man. And I agree with what your saying as far as people and coaches following rules. But there are no facts to support what your buddy has said. The fact that if its true he has a kid on the team makes this story much more questionable. Do you think your buddy will let his kid pkay now that they are according to your own post exposed lol? Think about it and get back with me. We both know the answer. I truly believe if your friend is the actual accuser they are saying these things due to being unhappy for whatever reason. 

So I’m guessing will meadows didn’t go to the mr football award banquet because he was quarantined ?