Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

9 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Excellent description of a wonderful man and his family. They just don't come any better than John!
In the event you never saw him wearing them, ask John about his black & gold houndstooth-patterned pants he used to wear to sporting events when he was Principal at McMinn Co. High School. 

I'll ask him when church starts back up, atm we are virtual. It may give away your Identity though.

2 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I'll ask him when church starts back up, atm we are virtual. It may give away your Identity though.

Doubtful, since everyone saw him wearing them. I'm sure he received many comments - they were loud.
Besides him being a facebook friend, there is one thing that may remind him who I am.  I made a post on facebook a few years ago about my granddaughter making the all-district team as a freshman at McMinn Central. Then I added I hated to admit that someone in my bloodline attended Central, and that I'd never forgive my son for sending her there.  John thought that was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

I think you should move to meigs that way you can give them hugs in person.

watch out meigs if he gets up that way some of your players may end up in Milan 

I have started a nation wide recruiting service some time ago. Coaches for a fee can use my services to acquire talent. The higher the star rating the more I charge. For example a 3 star won’t cost as much as a 4 star. I plan to raid Peabody this spring. Meigs won’t be long after. :)  

whether you are a mcminn fan, central fan, or meigs fan who is mad their kid doesnt play, shame on for trying to stir the pot with no real evidence. the young man you are attacking did nothing wrong. ill stick up for him because he has been a great influence on my two boys. shame on you. shame on you

Jesus Loves You

Edited by JesusLovesYou

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree that Peabody should be ranked d ahead. Although the Milan team that Peabody beat week 1 was nothing close to the Milan team at the end of the season. However with nothing other than the head to head to go by they should be ahead. 

Thank you.  I can also tell you and most people in Trenton will tell you that we were much better towards the end of the season than that 1st game.  We did not even utilize Vaughn in that first game.  All the damage was done by the Ganaway brothers.  Our line dominated that game on both sides and our line got better as the seasons progressed.  No disrespect to Milan but I think Peabody would have scored 14  points on Alcoa.  My  prediction . Alcoa 35-14.   I saw places where Peabody would have taken advantage where Milan did not.  Alcoa is a beast and that may be an understatement.  We will never know. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think they may have to some degree but I think they probably watched more of recent film. After yalls game and later in the season there were kids starting that did not me lay versus Peabody. To get an accurate depiction of what Alcoa would face in the title game they would have needed to watch video of Milan games after Covington. The qb for Alcoa was interviewed by Mike Molder of the Friday Nigh Main Event and evening indicates that they built a game plan around certain things they saw in the last few Milan games. 

What Alcoa saw was how a 2A school dominated a 3A school no matter the time of the year.  Schemes get better as teams get used to new systems but line play is equal at beginning of season.  Peabody has beaten Milan year after year and all we hear is we got Milan at the right time.  Milan put 56 points on us in the 1st game in 15 or 16.  1st game I said..............

I saw Alcoa use some things that worked for Trenton.  Why wouldn't they.  That was the only loss for Milan.  

• Upvote 1

Milan is backAny other 3A team but Alcoa, Milan takes home the Gold.  Good luck in 4A.  Alcoa should go get some out of state Texas and Georgia teams with the same pedigree, it you know what I mean.  I respect the kids at Alcoa but I don't respect the program.  Winners yes, Hard nose , yes.  But where do these guys come from every year.  Maryville you are not exempt either.  I would love to see an Oakland-Alcoa Game..........Ill pay $100 at that gate for sure

But I do respect their Grind (Alcoa)

Edited by Golddoctor

11 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

What Alcoa saw was how a 2A school dominated a 3A school no matter the time of the year.  Schemes get better as teams get used to new systems but line play is equal at beginning of season.  Peabody has beaten Milan year after year and all we hear is we got Milan at the right time.  Milan put 56 points on us in the 1st game in 15 or 16.  1st game I said..............

I saw Alcoa use some things that worked for Trenton.  Why wouldn't they.  That was the only loss for Milan.  

Did our staff not get them a schedule when the contract was signed? You'd think they knew which week we played them and could prepare and at least have BPM get them on his buses headed that way in time to prepare.... Geez, last year their paper said, and I paraphrase, If we played them in Week 3 we would have beat them...... 

Next year's contracts are signed and the date is set, set your alarms so you can start preparation on time.... but remember, not TOO early...

Edited by TideRolls
spehl cheque

13 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

The offensive scheme Milan was using at that point was vastly different than what Milan started the year as. It would have been pointless to prepare for the team in the first game because they were running a different offense. Also the defensive side of the ball for Milan had different personnel. The weaknesses in Milan’s defense were not the same. Had to attack us in different ways.