Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

An entire team with multiple power 5 offers? Wow, sounds like an NFL team. You wouldn’t exaggerate much, would ya? Lol Name me the teams who are made up entirely of guys with multiple high level offers. I’ll be waiting.

Whitehaven year in year out is one example of a team full of kids that can go play college ball. Would be a way better semifinal game for Summit (if they make it that far next year) then middle of nowhere henry county. 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

In case you missed that avatar, I'm a alum/fan of a pretty good program in 6A. Well aware of the differences. There maybe a handful of programs in 6A that have a (as in one) player that can influence a game like Wade can. Doesn't change the fact that Indy would have beaten anybody in 2015

Not blind, can see your oakland helmet. Indy in 2015 played absolutely nobody. hard to say when the best team they played was a down Hillsboro team. Not one game was even competitive for them. played nothing but county schools 

17 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

Whitehaven year in year out is one example of a team full of kids that can go play college ball. Would be a way better semifinal game for Summit (if they make it that far next year) then middle of nowhere henry county. 

I agree with Whitehaven and possibly Oakland, but saying every other team is stretching it, to say the least.

Edited by SweetScience

11 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

It's the only example, largely because their HC is the best in the state at sending his kids to colllege

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

It's the only example, largely because their HC is the best in the state at sending his kids to colllege

and their team is littered with athletes that most coaches can only dream of having. Their biggest flaw in their program is the X’s and O’s and having an actual quarterback who can throw. 

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Indy's title team in 2015 would have won state in any classification.

You make a lot of good posts and make a lot of good points but anytime people start making absolute Statements such as this I have to laugh ... Anybody who plays in the IFL ... I have to laugh . You have absolutely no way possible of knowing this or proving this so it doesn't help your point of how good that team is at all ... and I would bet you wouldn't have made that Statement if Oakland had won 6A That year .

5 minutes ago, pepvol said:

You make a lot of good posts and make a lot of good points but anytime people start making absolute Statements such as this I have to laugh ... Anybody who plays in the IFL ... I have to laugh . You have absolutely no way possible of knowing this or proving this so it doesn't help your point of how good that team is at all ... and I would bet you wouldn't have made that Statement if Oakland had won 6A That year .

Indy in 2015 is one of the best teams this state has ever produced (in my opinion) by alot of metrics. I got no problem admitting they'd beat some (if not all) of the Oakland teams that have won titles.

Just now, MidTennFootball said:

Indy in 2015 is one of the best teams this state has ever produced (in my opinion) by alot of metrics. I got no problem admitting they'd beat some (if not all) of the Oakland teams that have won titles.

I felt like Maryville had a great Team last year ... but I wouldn't go down the list and claim Superiority over every other team in Tennessee last year ... Why disrespect other teams over something you can't prove ... After you guys win tonight don't be surprised at all the IFL losses you guys take ... every year Maryville wins we get to hear about how lucky we didn't play ... fill in the Blank ... You're welcome to speculate all you want on here , that's what a football board is for , but because of the reasons stated above I never have liked the IFL .... I was the one years ago that came up with the IMAGINARY FOOTBALL LEAGUE , Because my team never won a game in that league .

2 minutes ago, pepvol said:

I felt like Maryville had a great Team last year ... but I wouldn't go down the list and claim Superiority over every other team in Tennessee last year ... Why disrespect other teams over something you can't prove ... After you guys win tonight don't be surprised at all the IFL losses you guys take ... every year Maryville wins we get to hear about how lucky we didn't play ... fill in the Blank ... You're welcome to speculate all you want on here , that's what a football board is for , but because of the reasons stated above I never have liked the IFL .... I was the one years ago that came up with the IMAGINARY FOOTBALL LEAGUE , Because my team never won a game in that league .

Believe me, Oakland folk already hear about it. Knowing that you guys and Alcoa have put up with it for 20 years is part of the reason why I have respect for each fanbase. No disrespect meant