Playoffs - 5A Championship - Oak Ridge vs Summit

CardinalGrey

3 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

There was a big difference in this year's team and the one we saw last year.  But I will admit Summit is the best in 5A this year. Great performance last night. It will be interesting to see how the Wade brothers do in 6A next year. They are good! Good luck to Summit 

........and yes, I had a little crow with my scrambled eggs this morning.

I have seen a lot of football in my life and yes I have seen just a couple that the refs stole the whole game being TV Hogs that I could only count on one hand. What we seen last night was pure horse$##!. By halftime I was getting so mad I could envision coming out of the stands if I were there and pulling a number like the kid did in the game in Texas to the official.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I have seen a lot of football in my life and yes I have seen just a couple that the refs stole the whole game being TV Hogs that I could only count on one hand. What we seen last night was pure horse$##!. By halftime I was getting so mad I could envision coming out of the stands if I were there and pulling a number like the kid did in the game in Texas to the official.

Yeah I don’t know if I’ve seen that many flags in a game. It really disrupted the game IMO. 

8 minutes ago, JRB said:

It was a difficult game to watch for sure, between the refs, sloppy play and the constant "buzz" on the MyTV30 broadcast.  

While the OR O sputtered, I thought their D, especially DB's, had a subpar game with poor coverage, tackling and angles.

Agreed. That was disappointing to see. With that said, we did put some good licks on Wade. But yeah, overall, pretty disappointing.

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Agreed. That was disappointing to see. With that said, we did put some good licks on Wade. But yeah, overall, pretty disappointing.

I have never seen OR play so have no comparisons from previous games.  On TV, there were several evident "grimaces" from Wade.  We measure successes by W's and L's however at the HS level I think it is as much about competing and playing the game the right way.  I did not see any quit in OR even though I am sure it was not their best game so kudos on an excellent season.

Edited by JRB
misspell
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JRB said:

I have never seen OR play so have no comparisons from previous games.  On TV, there were several evident "grimaces" from Wade.  We measure successes by W's and L's however at the HS level I think it is as much about competing and playing the game the right way.  I did not see any quit in OR even though I am sure it was not their best game.

And that’s about as good of a compliment as our kids can receive after such a disappointing loss. And no, definitely wasn’t our best game (Summit had a lot to do with that) but like you said, our kids can take consolation in the fact that they did never give up, even though the outcome seemed pretty much determined for a good while because of our sluggish offense. I’ve not seen many OR teams flat give up in my 42 years, if any. Something to hang your hat on, at the end of the day. Thanks.

19 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

And that’s about as good of a compliment as our kids can receive after such a disappointing loss. And no, definitely wasn’t our best game (Summit had a lot to do with that) but like you said, our kids can take consolation in the fact that they did never give up, even though the outcome seemed pretty much determined for a good while because of our sluggish offense. I’ve not seen many OR teams flat give up in my 42 years, if any. Something to hang your hat on, at the end of the day. Thanks.

I've always maintained that most fans at the core are a pretty realistic bunch. If your team plays hard and makes improvement from week to week, that's all you can ask for

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I've always maintained that most fans at the core are a pretty realistic bunch. If your team plays hard and makes improvement from week to week, that's all you can ask for

I would agree with that. And that effort and determination will go a long ways in life, far beyond the sport of football. Sucks to resort to moral victories, but have to find a silver lining in there sommers (somewhere lol).

Edited by SweetScience

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I would agree with that. And that effort and determination will go a long ways in life, far beyond the sport of football. Sucks to resort to moral victories, but have to find a silver lining in there sommers (somewhere lol).

Don't feel too bad, at least you were in Cookeville while the other 40-something 5A schools were sitting at home counting flowers on the wall, or maybe playing solitaire til dawn....

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Sometimes it's the journey that makes it worthwhile. OR had to go through a gauntlet just to get there. They should take solace in that.

We play Mairvul every year, so I'm well versed in hill country speak

• Like 2