Blue Cross Bowl

sheppy

Congrats to all D-II schools competing for a State Championship today in Cookeville.  You managed not only to earn the right to play today through your accomplishments on the field but have managed to survive the most devastating events off the field named Coronavirus.

There are many teams  that wish they had the same opportunity you have today.  All 6 teams are winners for advancing to this point.  But 3 teams will carry a Gold Ball home, 3 will carry a Silver Ball home but all will remember this game for the rest of your lives. 

Good luck from the Tennessee Football Coaches Association.

• Like 3

FINAL: CPA 35, Lipscomb 28

Congrats to CPA, they earned it today against a very good Lipscomb team. The CPA game-winning drive churned at least five minutes off the game clock, if not more.

As a neutral observer, it made for entertaining viewing. Lipscomb didn't give up when they were down 14 and rallied to tie it up before the aforementioned CPA drive.

ended as started with long CPA control drives,  we missed Mav Rodgriguez immensely but the power change that began after lipscomb1 continued to the finish. Now on to Drew Maddux and his collection of 3 point gunners. Best team to come for CPA is still fall 2023 for the senior class of 2024. Today is the culmination of the 0-5 2019 start, proving that you gotta play up to prove yourself.  BGA or LA both have been great city competition and Goodpasture is on the righ track, so the crown is a bit uneast on CPA head. Not sure about a next year repeat but is totally possible as this years undefeated frosh filter in.  Law and Patterson will be a great start. The ref crew was pretty awful and worse looked like a crew of baby Hueys in penguin suits, nice weather for a change.

Edited by Rastus