Hampton 2021

uknoit2

Hey guys, I'm looking for some basic info on Hampton 2021.      You guys will play us (Daniel Boone) for the first time since 1998.      Boone is losing 20 seniors so the 2021 season is going to be quite challenging, hoping we can go 5-5 but 3-7 is going to be more realistic I'm afraid.     Defensively Boone is usually in a 4-2 or 4-3 but all that depends on the opposing offense.    On offense Boone generally runs a single back set like pretty much everyone else these days, with 4 wideouts and no tight end.   We dress out 60-70 guys, but a lot of guys end up playing both ways.

Anyway, looking forward to going to Hampton for my first time ever on Oct 29.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for some basic info on Hampton 2021.      You guys will play us (Daniel Boone) for the first time since 1998.      Boone is losing 20 seniors so the 2021 season is going to be quite challenging, hoping we can go 5-5 but 3-7 is going to be more realistic I'm afraid.     Defensively Boone is usually in a 4-2 or 4-3 but all that depends on the opposing offense.    On offense Boone generally runs a single back set like pretty much everyone else these days, with 4 wideouts and no tight end.   We dress out 60-70 guys, but a lot of guys end up playing both ways.

I'd say Hampton graduated about 10 but they usually dress around 40, Run a 3-5 on d and a lot of formations on O. Will for sure be a BIG challenge. If we stay healthy, think it'll be a game worth watching. Never seen a Game at Danial Boone ,but really looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

38 minutes ago, pujo said:

I'd say Hampton graduated about 10 but they usually dress around 40, Run a 3-5 on d and a lot of formations on O. Will for sure be a BIG challenge. If we stay healthy, think it'll be a game worth watching. Never seen a Game at Danial Boone ,but really looking forward to it.

We going there or they coming to us??

I think this one will be a dang brawl. Kids with very similar attitudes 

14 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

We going there or they coming to us??

I think this one will be a dang brawl. Kids with very similar attitudes 

We going to the wilderness, I watched Daniel growing up, he was hard to handle. Hope they leave Mingo at the house, was a mess with that whip. 

Boone travels to Hampton for this one.    Oct 29, last game of the regular season, but certainly won't be the last game for Hampton as you guys get ready for the playoffs.       If we had played in 2020 I think Boone could take you, but as of now I have to give Hampton a big edge, we just lost too many key guys to graduation.     it will be embarrassing to lose to a 2A school but I'm afraid that will happen.     But a lot of time plus 9 games before this one happens so as it gets closer perhaps our predictions will change....

Daniel and Mingo looking over the playbook in the 2nd quarter.....

untitled.png

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boone travels to Hampton for this one.    Oct 29, last game of the regular season, but certainly won't be the last game for Hampton as you guys get ready for the playoffs.       If we had played in 2020 I think Boone could take you, but as of now I have to give Hampton a big edge, we just lost too many key guys to graduation.     it will be embarrassing to lose to a 2A school but I'm afraid that will happen.     But a lot of time plus 9 games before this one happens so as it gets closer perhaps our predictions will change....

Daniel and Mingo looking over the playbook in the 2nd quarter.....

untitled.png

We have a ways to go before this game. I don't expect either team to be embarrassed in this one tho. Having never played at Hampton,  Boone will have to adjust for sure, but I expect a very good game.