Hampton 2021

uknoit2

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boone will win some games this fall, I can see us being 5-5.   We may beat Hampton, it's just way too early to know anything yet, either way I would expect a close game.

Expect you to be our toughest game, then again ,I see several games that we should be challenged. One thing for sure ,were working on it. I do think well get your attention.

46 minutes ago, pujo said:

Expect you to be our toughest game, then again ,I see several games that we should be challenged. One thing for sure ,were working on it. I do think well get your attention.

Get our attention?!?!?      For real???    You guys HAVE our attention...    Nobody with any sense in Blazer Nation is taking Hampton lightly, I'm just hoping we can hang with you guys and squeak out a win.    We'll talk more X's/O's once the season gets underway and we see what both teams have.

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Get our attention?!?!?      For real???    You guys HAVE our attention...    Nobody with any sense in Blazer Nation is taking Hampton lightly, I'm just hoping we can hang with you guys and squeak out a win.    We'll talk more X's/O's once the season gets underway and we see what both teams have.

Just look forward to the game, love playing new teams and I have a lot of respect for Boone. Look forward to chatting with you, I've read your posts for years. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

May sound crazy but we may be the biggest team you play next season. Think we'll only have 7 lineman we can play so they'll have to be in shape.

9 hours ago, pujo said:

May sound crazy but we may be the biggest team you play next season. Think we'll only have 7 lineman we can play so they'll have to be in shape.

We normally have a separate O line and D line, but most of the other positions are guys who play both ways.    That is going to be tough with only 7 but I'm sure you guys will scheme a way to make it work.   I'm also looking forward to playing a new team, we have not seen each other on the field since 1998.    We are losing so many guys that I have no idea how our team is going to look until we start playing some games, so I'm hoping around September we can get way down in the weeds with X's/O's about the Hampton game.   Be nice to meet some of you Hampton guys too, let's all pray for COVID to be mostly gone by then so we can pack the place out.

9 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

We normally have a separate O line and D line, but most of the other positions are guys who play both ways.    That is going to be tough with only 7 but I'm sure you guys will scheme a way to make it work.   I'm also looking forward to playing a new team, we have not seen each other on the field since 1998.    We are losing so many guys that I have no idea how our team is going to look until we start playing some games, so I'm hoping around September we can get way down in the weeds with X's/O's about the Hampton game.   Be nice to meet some of you Hampton guys too, let's all pray for COVID to be mostly gone by then so we can pack the place out.

Were barely above the 1a cutoff and its pretty common for small schools to play lineman both ways. Just have to sub um in and out the best you can, also forgot one ,got 8 now. Its getting better.lol.

23 hours ago, pujo said:

Were barely above the 1a cutoff and its pretty common for small schools to play lineman both ways. Just have to sub um in and out the best you can, also forgot one ,got 8 now. Its getting better.lol.

I was just thinking if you have 7 truly quality linemen y’all are loaded for small schools. Both ways or not the smaller schools are usually fortunate to have 3 or 4 good ones and a few more not bads lol. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

I was just thinking if you have 7 truly quality linemen y’all are loaded for small schools. Both ways or not the smaller schools are usually fortunate to have 3 or 4 good ones and a few more not bads lol. 

The problem Boone usually has is if we have a great line then our backfield is lacking, good backfield means an undersized line, good QB means no receivers, etc.  you get the idea.    We can't seem to get all positions together within the same season.   Maybe most schools are like that, obviously Alcoa and Maryville have found ways around it.      Anyway, loads of respect for Hampton, over the last 20 years you guys have had so many 10-0 or 9-1 seasons and I expect this game to be a dogfight.... oh that's right, bulldogs  haha

10 hours ago, crow said:

Our line should be our strength, thats a really good place to start.

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The problem Boone usually has is if we have a great line then our backfield is lacking, good backfield means an undersized line, good QB means no receivers, etc.  you get the idea.    We can't seem to get all positions together within the same season.   Maybe most schools are like that, obviously Alcoa and Maryville have found ways around it.      Anyway, loads of respect for Hampton, over the last 20 years you guys have had so many 10-0 or 9-1 seasons and I expect this game to be a dogfight.... oh that's right, bulldogs  haha

Yeah all of us usually lack in one area or another. This team has more pieces than we usually have. We'll still have our hands full with you fellers.