Oak Ridge Basketball 2020/21

STILLNUM1

5 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Good question. I’ve been alive since 1978, and I can’t remember us ever playing them. I’m sure we have, but been years ago if so.

We all know what we must do... Is it a parrot? Is it the WATO Monster Bus Machine Driver? Is it the Voice of the Oak Ridge Wildcats?

YES! We need to ask David Clary!

I will ask him on his tweeter page.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Turtle said:

When's the last time Oak Ridge played Austin East?  What's their record vs AE?  Asking for myself haha

Oak Ridge and Austin-East have had a very limited series dating back to 1974. They haven't played since 2002. AE leads the series 6-5. The last time they played Oak Ridge won 63-58. 

Edited by DCCATVOICE

3 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

We all know what we must do... Is it a parrot? Is it the WATO Monster Bus Machine Driver? Is it the Voice of the Oak Ridge Wildcats?

YES! We need to ask David Clary!

I will ask him on his tweeter page.

That’s what I do. Anytime I have a question pertaining to anything OR sports, I just message ole Dave. 

Speaking of stats and numbers its unreal how spoiled we are as Oak Ridge fans.Somebody told me we have only lost like 1 game vs a team from our dist in the last 100 games.We have been on an amazing run and think nothing about a great season that other teams would love to have just once every 5 or 10 yrs.I know we love our football but I am so proud of the tradition of all sports at Oak Ridge and just how great of a school it is.I say it a lot but coach Green,staff,players and everybody involved deserve so much credit.We have been really blessed to watch some great teams and players.Whatever yr Tee was a SR was one of the best high school teams ever around here and was a top team in the nation.RWR

Edited by STILLNUM1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Speaking of stats and numbers its unreal how spoiled we are as Oak Ridge fans.Somebody told me we have only lost like 1 game vs a team from our dist in the last 100 games.We have been on an amazing run and think nothing about a great season that other teams would love to have just once every 5 or 10 yrs.I know we love our football but I am so proud of the tradition of all sports at Oak Ridge and just how great of a school it is.I say it a lot but coach Green,staff,players and everybody involved deserve so much credit.We have been really blessed to watch some great teams and players.Whatever yr Tee was a SR was one of the best high school teams ever around here and was a top team in the nation.RWR

STILLNUM1...agree 100%!

SweetScience says VictORy City has 42 State Championships in various Sports. No telling how many Runner-Up Finishes we have had.

A FAVORITE MEMORY...

One Spring Day in the mid-1990's, I had a special day. Taught school utill 3 pm then went right to ORHS to watch a FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE. I think Kingston and Kingsport were opposition. Maybe Maryville was there but I can't remember fo sure. The Wildcats did okay and I had fun.

Next, it was up to Blankenship Field for a District Tournament Soccer Match at 7 pm. The SoccerCats won easily and it was on to the next activity.

SWING BATTER BATTER SWING! Oak Ridge BatCats were hosting the District Baseball Tournament and OR was in a tight battle with ( I think ) Halls. Joe Fellers may have been on the mound for the Cardinal and Gray that night.

Finally, my wonderful night of Oak Ridge Sports came to an exhausting end. I was tired but happy to be a Wildcat Super Fan. Other ORHS sports I havtse watched include Track, Cross Country, Softball, Lady SoccerCats and Volleyball.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

STILLNUM1...agree 100%!

SweetScience says VictORy City has 42 State Championships in various Sports. No telling how many Runner-Up Finishes we have had.

A FAVORITE MEMORY...

One Spring Day in the mid-1990's, I had a special day. Taught school utill 3 pm then went right to ORHS to watch a FOOTBALL SCRIMMAGE. I think Kingston and Kingsport were opposition. Maybe Maryville was there but I can't remember fo sure. The Wildcats did okay and I had fun.

Next, it was up to Blankenship Field for a District Tournament Soccer Match at 7 pm. The SoccerCats won easily and it was on to the next activity.

SWING BATTER BATTER SWING! Oak Ridge BatCats were hosting the District Baseball Tournament and OR was in a tight battle with ( I think ) Halls. Joe Fellers may have been on the mound for the Cardinal and Gray that night.

Finally, my wonderful night of Oak Ridge Sports came to an exhausting end. I was tired but happy to be a Wildcat Super Fan. Other ORHS sports I havtse watched include Track, Cross Country, Softball, Lady SoccerCats and Volleyball.

Sounds like fun times