Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, Igotthis said:

That's the goal. We know the streak may end, but until then, we will go into every game prepared to win.  No panic here.  The target is on our back and we will get everybody's best.  That makes for a better team come playoffs.  Our schedule is the toughest in all of 1a and 2a.  Roll Tide

And I'm definitely not buying this. 

A few thoughts on the conversation…

1. You could count on one hand the number of kids in TNHSFB that could “dominate” USJ’s #50 and none of them live in Gibson County, injured or not.

2. There is lots of talk about the O line struggles for the tide, but take some solace in the fact that USJ returns a very seasoned front 7 with 3 all-state players. You guys might not see that again this year.

3. I hate to disappoint the “private schools recruiting” gurus, but the majority of these seniors played together on the USJ 5th grade team years ago. In fact, I would wager that we have a higher percentage of 8 year players than the Tide system.

1 hour ago, Bellsburg2 said:

A few thoughts on the conversation…

1. You could count on one hand the number of kids in TNHSFB that could “dominate” USJ’s #50 and none of them live in Gibson County, injured or not.

2. There is lots of talk about the O line struggles for the tide, but take some solace in the fact that USJ returns a very seasoned front 7 with 3 all-state players. You guys might not see that again this year.

3. I hate to disappoint the “private schools recruiting” gurus, but the majority of these seniors played together on the USJ 5th grade team years ago. In fact, I would wager that we have a higher percentage of 8 year players than the Tide system.

There are players on usj’s team from surrounding counties and kids transfer in every year. If this wasn’t the case there wouldn’t be a d2.  There hasn’t been a kid to transfer to Trenton in years. 

On 8/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, Igotthis said:

USJ will win state this year. Just you wait and see.  Our strength for the day was our defense.  We held USJ to one offensive TD and a field goal.  Our QB was out of sync but USJ had a lot to do with that.  He was running for his life most of the day. We had a few people out but that's no excuse.  If Druggers find his second receivers, he could easily be one of the best qbs around. He has guys and he is a winner.  USJ opened their play book up but we were a little bit conservative and that's understandable due to it being a scrimmage.  We have more work to do, but all and all this will be a very good fb team come playoffs.

I called USJ finally getting hold when I heard Davidson Academy was moving up. Usj had a really good team last year and they return a lot.

17 hours ago, Tide21 said:

There are players on usj’s team from surrounding counties and kids transfer in every year. If this wasn’t the case there wouldn’t be a d2.  There hasn’t been a kid to transfer to Trenton in years. 

Have you guys thought about trying out the double wing offense? A few of your starters, including the QB, ran it when they played for Medina Middle. I realize people end up different places for different reasons, but you can take that “these kids were all born and raised in Trenton” fairy tale elsewhere and see if anyone buys it.

Trenton has another very good team and an outstanding program. Iron out a few wrinkles and you could be lifting yet another Gold Ball in a few months. But excuses and passive-aggressive insults of a team that allowed you 36 total yards of offense in 2 quarters won’t get you any closer to that goal.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I do not think you understand why a private school is D1 or D2.

23 hours ago, Igotthis said:

Not trying to be disrespectful.  I have this thing with private schools.  One of the parents at USJ said there were faces he'd never seen.  But USJ and JCS , Trinity are the only privates I can tolerate.  I love our local teams.  That USJ. Team faced a team in Peabody whose only concern was to work on our O line.  Our coaches are only concern about fixing what is broken.  Hats off to them

I will give you $100 if you can name one player on USJ team that played in the first half that has not been at USJ at least 3 years.

Not special teams. And not a coaches son who this is his second year

Edited by USJalum88

20 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I don't understand this post. I'm not a USJ poster, but of the three private schools in Jackson, USJ is the team that is willing to play public schools on a consistent basis. Trinity will play public schools occasionally, but they like their friends in Medina and Adamsville too much. However, the 7 on 7 against Haywood didn't go so well for Trenton, they didn't really stand out to me in the 7 on 7 at USJ (the one where Ripley won), and USJ had their night last night. So there's a trend that is starting. And Milan is coming in like 11 days. It's going to be a hungry Milan team, too. I've stated in the past that scrimmages and developmental games don't carry much weight in my eyes. Again, Peabody is going to be fine in the long run, just not playing good football right now.

Okay I won't explain the meaning of this post but I do agree with the latter part