Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

2 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Nice showing by USJ. They are big and fast. USJ had the edge up front, but every yard on Peabody's D was still a grind. Wouldn't surprise me if Peabody is a much better team in week 5 once that passing attack has time to gel. 

They will play Lake County in the quarterfinals I predict. Lot of football left. 

9 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Nice showing by USJ. They are big and fast. USJ had the edge up front, but every yard on Peabody's D was still a grind. Wouldn't surprise me if Peabody is a much better team in week 5 once that passing attack has time to gel. 

Wonder how Milan did against Dyersburg?

2 hours ago, Igotthis said:

USJ will win state this year. Just you wait and see.  Our strength for the day was our defense.  We held USJ to one offensive TD and a field goal.  Our QB was out of sync but USJ had a lot to do with that.  He was running for his life most of the day. We had a few people out but that's no excuse.  If Druggers find his second receivers, he could easily be one of the best qbs around. He has guys and he is a winner.  USJ opened their play book up but we were a little bit conservative and that's understandable due to it being a scrimmage.  We have more work to do, but all and all this will be a very good fb team come playoffs.

Thanks for the kind words.  We have a chance to be very good.  Just like every year; we need to stay healthy.  I have to disagree with 1 thing you said.  I promise you we didn't open up the playbook on offense.  We ran basically the same 6 plays all night out of 3 different formations.  They were the exact same plays we ran last week against Dyer Co.  

• Like 1

I thought USJ played well. I think Peabody will be fine but I don’t believe they will be considered as a “threat” to win 1A at this moment as others people believe. I do believe the door is open for more teams in consideration from the West. The players still have to play the game.  Even though the Bruins lost Erit Turner, I thought their D-Line was pretty solid. Both of these teams played in Cookeville last year, but as of now, USJ has a better chance of going to Chatt than Peabody. USJ has three weeks to prepare for their season opener against Union City, a lot of time for adjustments for them, before they kick off their season.

49 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I thought USJ played well. I think Peabody will be fine but I don’t believe they will be considered as a “threat” to win 1A at this moment as others people believe. I do believe the door is open for more teams in consideration from the West. The players still have to play the game.  Even though the Bruins lost Erit Turner, I thought their D-Line was pretty solid. Both of these teams played in Cookeville last year, but as of now, USJ has a better chance of going to Chatt than Peabody. USJ has three weeks to prepare for their season opener against Union City, a lot of time for adjustments for them, before they kick off their season.

Peabody isn’t 100% right now that’s for sure 

30 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

30 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Sounds like from Peabody old school players I know that have watched them and hearing the coaching buzz the OL needs to get more physical and play better. Sounds like the defense held their own a bit considering their offense got shut down. We know they got the skill players and Burkett has been out. I haven’t made it yet, but plan on watching South Gibson. Still early.

13 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Just a scrimmage but still with returning qb and Mr Football,and the line Trenton has and U SJ backup qb' Id be  disappointed even if it was a scrimmage.

Many NFL teams have lost all pre season games and won Superbowl.  USJ is the real deal. We were disappointed but we were disappointed 43 games ago against GC.  Scrimmages help make you better or it gives you a sense of false accomplishment.  I will take the previous. 

10 hours ago, GTfanTN said:

Thanks for the kind words.  We have a chance to be very good.  Just like every year; we need to stay healthy.  I have to disagree with 1 thing you said.  I promise you we didn't open up the playbook on offense.  We ran basically the same 6 plays all night out of 3 different formations.  They were the exact same plays we ran last week against Dyer Co.  

Ok I agree.  No excuse but Peabody had to replace a 280 pound center with a 200 pounder against y'all's 297 stud (50) It was his first start at center..  It was his first time ever at center. With that said, he held his own better than expected.  Plus our stud linebacker was out.  The center will be back soon.  If you guys stay healthy, I for see an undefeated season for USJ. GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON AND BRING HOME THE GOLD!

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Not right now.  I've seen teams beat teams later in the season who they lost to by multiple tds earlier.  With that said, USJ GOT THE CRAP BEAT OUT OF THEM by Peabody in a scrimmage 2 years ago and still made it to the Championship.  My prediction, USJ WILL WIN state, Peabody will too.  But it won't be easy. Private schools always have the upper hand in most years.  Good luck. The only disadvantage privates have is they are now playing on the same playing field.  We put 56 points on USJ b team 2 years ago.  Wow, what an improvement over 2 years.  Lol

14 minutes ago, Igotthis said:

Not right now.  I've seen teams beat teams later in the season who they lost to by multiple tds earlier.  With that said, USJ GOT THE CRAP BEAT OUT OF THEM by Peabody in a scrimmage 2 years ago and still made it to the Championship.  My prediction, USJ WILL WIN state, Peabody will too.  But it won't be easy. Private schools always have the upper hand in most years.  Good luck. The only disadvantage privates have is they are now playing on the same playing field.  We put 56 points on USJ b team 2 years ago.  Wow, what an improvement over 2 years.  Lol

Relax. I didn’t say Peabody has no shot at making it to Chatt. We’re 4 months away from the state championship game, no need to freaking out. I don’t think Peabody is playing up to their expectations. That’s all. What I’m trying to say is, that team has flaws right now. Peabody is going to be fine. They’re going to be okay! To me, I don’t think they’re as heavy as a favorite as what other people believe them to be. That’s all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Relax. I didn’t say Peabody has no shot at making it to Chatt. We’re 4 months away from the state championship game, no need to freaking out. I don’t think Peabody is playing up to their expectations. That’s all. What I’m trying to say is, that team has flaws right now. Peabody is going to be fine. They’re going to be okay! To me, I don’t think they’re as heavy as a favorite as what other people believe them to be. That’s all.

What would be a bit concerning for Peabody is in USJ’s history they have not been known for defense. My Milan prediction will come the week of the Milan game. Peabody definitely has some wrinkles to iron out.