Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Tssaa rules say that as long as the kid transfers before their freshman year they don’t have to move. If they don’t then they have to sit out a year unless they move. It’s a shame you can’t have a conversation without slinging mud. Shows your character. I’m going to show mine and not sling mud back. Have a blessed day 21. 

When your in 8th grade, open enrollment is good to go as long as your in check with the school policy you are transferring too. Gibson County passed a law where a schools principal has to approve an open enrollment move or that schools bylaws without a change of address. Don’t believe me try to get in South Gibson without living in their zone. Most schools other than South Gibson are OK with an open enrollment move before your freshman year, but it has to be approved by the principal or their bylaws. If you move into their zone all is good even with a TSSAA  record. As far as having to live in Trenton to play football TSSAA makes you if you have played elsewhere. I wished I was more informative on the Gibson County Law that was established, but I do believe South Gibson was involved because of the high demand to go to school there.

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

He is deflecting. Defending arrogance 

You're making yourself look asinine.  Any school that has a transfer policy on file (Which he showed you the one for your school district) is classified as open zoned in the TSSAA eye's.  This doesn't matter if it has to be approved by the director of schools or if it has to take an act of God to get it approved.  Getting upset for showing you what your own school board policy is and throwing Mud just makes you look like a child.  No matter if you like it or not Peabody is open zoned and can accept students that live outside the boundaries of the School system by your own school board Policy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

When your in 8th grade, open enrollment is good to go as long as your in check with the school policy you are transferring too. Gibson County passed a law where a schools principal has to approve an open enrollment move or that schools bylaws without a change of address. Don’t believe me try to get in South Gibson without living in their zone. Most schools other than South Gibson are OK with an open enrollment move before your freshman year, but it has to be approved by the principal or their bylaws. If you move into their zone all is good even with a TSSAA  record. As far as having to live in Trenton to play football TSSAA makes you if you have played elsewhere. I wished I was more informative on the Gibson County Law that was established, but I do

believe South Gibson was involved because of the high demand to go to school there.

This was from Gibson County School Board the last time it was updated online.  Most School's in the State are classifies as open zoned, most just don't educate themselves on their Policies. 

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may attend schools within the school system under the following conditions:

1. They must be approved by the director of schools.

2. They must pay a tuition fee established annually by the board. Annual tuition may not exceed per student, per annum, an amount equal to the amount of local funds actually used for school purposes by the school system per student during the preceding school year minus any funds received from the student's resident system. Tuition for out-of-state non-resident students shall be charged at the same rate as the average cost per student (state and local funds) in the system attended.2

3. Non-resident students must make application at least two weeks prior to the first day of school.

4. Requests from students from adjoining states to attend school shall be considered on a case-by- case basis.3

5. Students who become residents of the school system shall be refunded any unused portion of the tuition on a pro-rata basis.

6. When payment is not made on all or any part of the required tuition for a previous year, the student(s) shall be excluded from future attendance until all prior and current tuition is paid.

7. If a teacher of this school system has a residence outside the school system, his/her children may be allowed to attend if the appropriate tuition requirements are met, provided that there is available room and teaching capacity and other determinations made by the board according to applicable law.

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

This was from Gibson County School Board the last time it was updated online.  Most School's in the State are classifies as open zoned, most just don't educate themselves on their Policies. 

Students residing outside the boundaries of the school system may attend schools within the school system under the following conditions:

1. They must be approved by the director of schools.

2. They must pay a tuition fee established annually by the board. Annual tuition may not exceed per student, per annum, an amount equal to the amount of local funds actually used for school purposes by the school system per student during the preceding school year minus any funds received from the student's resident system. Tuition for out-of-state non-resident students shall be charged at the same rate as the average cost per student (state and local funds) in the system attended.2

3. Non-resident students must make application at least two weeks prior to the first day of school.

4. Requests from students from adjoining states to attend school shall be considered on a case-by- case basis.3

5. Students who become residents of the school system shall be refunded any unused portion of the tuition on a pro-rata basis.

6. When payment is not made on all or any part of the required tuition for a previous year, the student(s) shall be excluded from future attendance until all prior and current tuition is paid.

7. If a teacher of this school system has a residence outside the school system, his/her children may be allowed to attend if the appropriate tuition requirements are met, provided that there is available room and teaching capacity and other determinations made by the board according to applicable law.

Gibson County School Board serves Gibson County High School and South Gibson High School. Trenton, Humboldt, Milan and Bradford has their own school system. Number 1 on your post above is the big one. If it is in their bylaws that it is OK, it’s good to go. South Gibson is the only school in our county that I know of that you actually have to live in their zone to get in even from 8th grade to 9th.

30 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You're making yourself look asinine.  Any school that has a transfer policy on file (Which he showed you the one for your school district) is classified as open zoned in the TSSAA eye's.  This doesn't matter if it has to be approved by the director of schools or if it has to take an act of God to get it approved.  Getting upset for showing you what your own school board policy is and throwing Mud just makes you look like a child.  No matter if you like it or not Peabody is open zoned and can accept students that live outside the boundaries of the School system by your own school board Policy.

I know how the administration handles it. Can you go to school in Trenton and live outside the zone yes if it is approved. Can you transfer to the school live outside the zone and play sports no. If they allowed that they would be breaking  tssaa rules. They don’t allow it. 

bpm knows my point he is just posting crap that’s irrelevant to the point I’m making. 

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County School Board serves Gibson County High School and South Gibson High School. Trenton, Humboldt, Milan and Bradford has their own school system. Number 1 on your post above is the big one. If it is in their bylaws that it is OK, it’s good to go. South Gibson is the only school in our county that I know of that you actually have to live in their zone to get in even from 8th grade to 9th.

Number 1 on the post stands for almost all schools in the State of Tn when it comes to Transfer from out of Zone Schools.  Trenton has the same #1 along with Schools like Greeneville, Alcoa, Maryville, Knox County ect.  

I took what i posted above from the Gibson County School Board which would cover South Gibson so if it's up to the Director of Schools and he doesn't believe in letting anyone in to South Gibson High School that not zoned for that school thats would be on them but would still classify South Gibson as open zoned since the school board has a policy in place for Out of zone Students.

56 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

When your in 8th grade, open enrollment is good to go as long as your in check with the school policy you are transferring too. Gibson County passed a law where a schools principal has to approve an open enrollment move or that schools bylaws without a change of address. Don’t believe me try to get in South Gibson without living in their zone. Most schools other than South Gibson are OK with an open enrollment move before your freshman year, but it has to be approved by the principal or their bylaws. If you move into their zone all is good even with a TSSAA  record. As far as having to live in Trenton to play football TSSAA makes you if you have played elsewhere. I wished I was more informative on the Gibson County Law that was established, but I do believe South Gibson was involved because of the high demand to go to school there.

There are addresses around gibson county high school that are Trenton addresses. They are within walking distance and in the past they have made those kids go to Trenton 

5 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I know how the administration handles it. Can you go to school in Trenton and live outside the zone yes if it is approved. Can you transfer to the school live outside the zone and play sports no. If they allowed that they would be breaking  tssaa rules. They don’t allow it. 

bpm knows my point he is just posting crap that’s irrelevant to the point I’m making. 

That would apply to any school with an open zoned Policy Tide21.  If a student gets accepted in Trenton and has a Varsity playing record that student could still attend Trenton but couldn't play for 12 months since the last participation date.  Alcoa's QB in the State championship game did that last year since he had a Varsity Record at Catholic and wasn't cleared until the play-off's.  Same thing with Bearden's QB that started for them transferred   to West and sat out all last year to be able to play at West this year.  If a student coming from 8th grade doesn't have a Varsity record and gets accepted at Trenton then he would be eligible to play  right then

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

That would apply to any school with an open zoned Policy Tide21.  If a student gets accepted in Trenton and has a Varsity playing record that student could still attend Trenton but couldn't play for 12 months since the last participation date.  Alcoa's QB in the State championship game did that last year since he had a Varsity Record at Catholic and wasn't cleared until the play-off's.  Same thing with Bearden's QB that started for them transferred   to West and sat out all last year to be able to play at West this year.  If a student coming from 8th grade doesn't have a Varsity record and gets accepted at Trenton then he would be eligible to play  right then

I understand that. I’m not sure we are disagreeing. 

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I have posted direct policy that shows a kid can live outside of Trenton go to school there and still play sports. Both from Trenton board policy and the tssaa It is very clear.  I know you see it. Can’t understand why Tide21 can’t. Again Trenton is breaking no rules. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

There are addresses around gibson county high school that are Trenton addresses. They are within walking distance and in the past they have made those kids go to Trenton 

The zoning line probably has schools close to GCHS going to Trenton I agree. But GCHS is not going to refuse a kid enrollment out of zone. South  Gibson will but not GCHS.