Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

4 hours ago, Tide21 said:

If you are going to play football you are going to live in Trenton. You can’t live in jackson and transfer to Trenton and still live in jackson 

Here is what we are talking about.  This comment is not factual at all since your school board policy says otherwise with it being able to take students that aren't zoned for Trenton.  As long as it's approved and they show up at school (Doesn't have to be picked up on a bus) and don't have a Varsity Record or sitting out 12 months from their last Varsity action then Yes a student could live in Jackson and still play at Trenton.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Here is what we are talking about.  This comment is not factual at all since your school board policy says otherwise with it being able to take students that aren't zoned for Trenton.  As long as it's approved and they show up at school (Doesn't have to be picked up on a bus) and don't have a Varsity Record or sitting out 12 months from their last Varsity action then Yes a student could live in Jackson and still play at Trenton.

Bingo. 

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Only school in county that you can’t live in Jackson and  play going from 8th to 9th is South Gibson unless approved by their director but don’t know anyone approved out of zone by them yet.

Edited by pioneer42

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Only school in county that you can’t live in Jackson and  play going from 8th to 9th is South Gibson unless approved by their director but don’t know anyone approved out of zone by them yet.

I think you are missing the picture.  That #1 rule of being approved by the School director applies to every open zoned school policy i have read no matter the school board.  Someone has to approve out of zoned students no matter what county it's in, are some easier to get approval in yes.  Just because you don't know of anyone approved from out of zone yet doesn't make the Policy that is on file changed.  So you can live in Jackson going from 8th to 9th grade and with the School directors approval you can attend South Gibson and play right away per Gibson County School board Policy.  This same Policy applies in Knox co., Greeneville, Alcoa, Maryville, etc.  You can't just say "Hey I want my kid to go to Greeneville High School" and live outside the Greeneville School zone and just walk in the school.  It has to be approved by a Director the Same way it does for South Gibson.  It also applies if you get in trouble that they can kick you out of the school system you were approved for at one point since you don't live in that school zone. (I've seen it happen to a 3 year QB starter who got into a fight at School)

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I think you are missing the picture.  That #1 rule of being approved by the School director applies to every open zoned school policy i have read no matter the school board.  Someone has to approve out of zoned students no matter what county it's in, are some easier to get approval in yes.  Just because you don't know of anyone approved from out of zone yet doesn't make the Policy that is on file changed.  So you can live in Jackson going from 8th to 9th grade and with the School directors approval you can attend South Gibson and play right away per Gibson County School board Policy.  This same Policy applies in Knox co., Greeneville, Alcoa, Maryville, etc.  You can't just say "Hey I want my kid to go to Greeneville High School" and live outside the Greeneville School zone and just walk in the school.  It has to be approved by a Director the Same way it does for South Gibson.  It also applies if you get in trouble that they can kick you out of the school system you were approved for at one point since you don't live in that school zone. (I've seen it happen to a 3 year QB starter who got into a fight at School)

Your right. Number 1 has to be approved by all, but South Gibson won’t approve it if your in Jackson as a general rule.

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Your right. Number 1 has to be approved by all, but South Gibson won’t approve it if your in Jackson as a general rule.

I would tell them to put that in their School Board Policy then :lol:.  It doesn't give you a leg to stand on unless it's in written that way and makes it look like every other open zoned policy

15 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I’m not even upset. Bpm knows exactly what im talking about. 

No I don’t. I came on here and simply stated a policy. You blew up. Has Milan gotten transfer thru the years…. Yes. Our policy allows them and tssaa policy allowed them. Have we gotten in trouble for stuff…. Yes. And we should when we break the rules. You said I was deflecting and protecting arrogance. I asked what I was deflecting and whom I was protecting and you have failed to reply. I do not support Milan or anyone not following the rules and never will. If they break them they deserve what they have coming. But you and others shouldn’t blindly throw stuff at the wall hoping it will stick. If you know something spot it out. Don’t “deflect”. If anyone knows something illegal turn it in. If not just stop. Real simple.