Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

I will say this. Lake County will have a better shot at Peabody than Union City did the last couple of years.  Union City just had nobody that scared anyone skill wise. Great tradition, program and well coached but just have been down a bit for Union City standards. Lake County listening to even Peabody Fans will not be an easy game with their skill and athleticism. Do think the 3rd round of playoffs as it has been the last two years will be Lake County Peabody and will tough for Peabody. Do think it will be super tough to beat Peabody unless you go after their secondary, much like Peabody did against Milan last year. No disrespect to Peabody’s secondary either. Peabody and Vowell are just really stingy on the ground.  And passing against them is not easy either especially if they are slow developing routes. Think Milan will test Peabody with Brown in game 1. Be a real good test for both teams opening week.

Edited by pioneer42

Some just like to argue! I’m a realist! LC and Peabody are very much alike! However and this will probably get me in trouble…Skill positions are probably very close but line play is where Peabody will have the edge! LC lost a ton the past two years and there is a drop off in talent overall! Again we have studs at skill positions and a really big line but zero depth! I’m just hoping it’s a close game…now I’m in trouble with the locals lol. 

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I will say this. Lake County will have a better shot at Peabody than Union City did the last couple of years.  Union City just had nobody that scared anyone skill wise. Great tradition, program and well coached but just have been down a bit for Union City standards. Lake County listening to even Peabody Fans will not be an easy game with their skill and athleticism. Do think the 3rd round of playoffs as it has been the last two years will be Lake County Peabody and will tough for Peabody. Do think it will be super tough to beat Peabody unless you go after their secondary, much like Peabody did against Milan last year. No disrespect to Peabody’s secondary either. Peabody and Vowell are just really stingy on the ground.  And passing against them is not easy either especially if they are slow developing routes. Think Milan will test Peabody with Brown in game 1. Be a real good test for both teams opening week.

And let’s be honest Willfork and Meadows as well as Shepard and Baskerville don’t give you very long to decide where your going with the ball, which is why our defense outscored opposition  offenses

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

And let’s be honest Willfork and Meadows as well as Shepard and Baskerville don’t give you very long to decide where your going with the ball, which is why our defense outscored opposition  offenses

No doubt they are dominant up front. Just think you have to bring a game plan to try to attack their secondary to have a shot. I am looking forward to seeing the RB at Lake County because I heard they had a good one. Keep in mind this is a message board and it is summer time and all we have to do is look forward to cutting grass because there are no sports. And playing Peabody is like taking a silverware knife to a gun fight or taking a mule to race in the Kentucky Derby. 

31 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Some just like to argue! I’m a realist! LC and Peabody are very much alike! However and this will probably get me in trouble…Skill positions are probably very close but line play is where Peabody will have the edge! LC lost a ton the past two years and there is a drop off in talent overall! Again we have studs at skill positions and a really big line but zero depth! I’m just hoping it’s a close game…now I’m in trouble with the locals lol. 

Yeah we will have some starting both ways but not many. your receivers and running back will play both ways I’m guessing 

10 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah we will have some starting both ways but not many. your receivers and running back will play both ways I’m guessing 

Yes we will have many going both ways! My guess is that most all skill players will go both ways including several linemen? I’m very aware of the talent at Peabody. My son played ball with Jr Shepard. I spend most of my spare time in Gibson Co since my son’s baseball team is there. All that bunch  keeps asking me is are we ready…I hope so? I see it as an uphill battle and if it comes down to depth we are in trouble! We won’t just lay down but again depth concerns me

1 minute ago, Playerscoach said:

That’s hard to believe. Very few kids in HS do that and that film doesn’t seem to show that. You have to be exceptionally quick to do that. 

Very in accurate post ! Trenton has had several that run 4.49 as previously stated there’s a big difference in that and a 4.40 not but a wink of the eye but in the 40 it’s a big difference 

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Very in accurate post ! Trenton has had several that run 4.49 as previously stated there’s a big difference in that and a 4.40 not but a wink of the eye but in the 40 it’s a big difference 

Dude, I know speed and so does my family. There are not a lot of kids running legit 4.4’s in HS and the NFL combine proves that. That film that you guys are talking about doesn’t show a kid running in the 4.4’s. You have to be at least a 1.4 10 yard guy most times to run a 4.4 and that’s extremely quick. 

Turnover is the key at 15-20 yards so tight running kids don’t get their hips loose don’t run great 40’s and even worse 100’s. 

Argue with someone who doesn’t know what their talking about because I’m not that guy. 

• Like 1