Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

On 2/21/2021 at 10:47 PM, drhhartman said:

My son Mitchell will attend school at The University of the South (Sewanee) and play football for the Tigers! We're so proud of him and excited for this opportunity! He will do a signing ceremony soon.:rolleyes:

A great opportunity for Mitchell, both academically and athletically. I like to see any of our kids get a chance to play at the next level,

• Thanks 1

I will say that the job the coaches and players did this last season was special. Starting at 2-3. losses to really good teams and taking some early season ending injuries in the lines and secondary, plus dealing with Covid. which was a day to day on and off the field battle, they took this team to the finals and got these kids to play hard and win a two more playoff games than most thought they would against very good teams. West was the favorite to win 5A going in and South Doyle was a very good team as well. Summit was an extremely good team. with good lines and a couple of game breaking athletes that could turn average plays into big yardage,  Down 21-0, our guys came back and scored before the half, and defensively did not a allow a second half score. We were just out athleted as a coaching friend of mine would say, Next season should be very interesting with a new quarterback and several holes to fill from graduating seniors, The schedule is pretty tough too, opening with a South Doyle team that will have most everyone back, Powell should also be loaded with most of that offense back as well. Add in Greeneville, which always seems to be very good and of course Farragut and DB, we got our hands full. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

I will say that the job the coaches and players did this last season was special. Starting at 2-3. losses to really good teams and taking some early season ending injuries in the lines and secondary, plus dealing with Covid. which was a day to day on and off the field battle, they took this team to the finals and got these kids to play hard and win a two more playoff games than most thought they would against very good teams. West was the favorite to win 5A going in and South Doyle was a very good team as well. Summit was an extremely good team. with good lines and a couple of game breaking athletes that could turn average plays into big yardage,  Down 21-0, our guys came back and scored before the half, and defensively did not a allow a second half score. We were just out athleted as a coaching friend of mine would say, Next season should be very interesting with a new quarterback and several holes to fill from graduating seniors, The schedule is pretty tough too, opening with a South Doyle team that will have most everyone back, Powell should also be loaded with most of that offense back as well. Add in Greeneville, which always seems to be very good and of course Farragut and DB, we got our hands full. 

With so many losses to graduation, I just don't understand why the schedule has to be this tough. I predict that OR will be 3-4 after the Powell game and will finish 5-5. A new QB, whoever it is, a new line on offense and defense, a new secondary, and a new core of receivers. This schedule is a mistake Gaddis! There's no other way to look at it. Stupid, stupider, and stupidest. What's the point? Losses to SD, Farragut, Powell, Greenville, and DB are guaranteed. 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2021 at 3:39 PM, bonkers said:

With so many losses to graduation, I just don't understand why the schedule has to be this tough. I predict that OR will be 3-4 after the Powell game and will finish 5-5. A new QB, whoever it is, a new line on offense and defense, a new secondary, and a new core of receivers. This schedule is a mistake Gaddis! There's no other way to look at it. Stupid, stupider, and stupidest. What's the point? Losses to SD, Farragut, Powell, Greenville, and DB are guaranteed. 

A recent quote from bonkers when someone hinted that Wyatt didn't run the offense -

"You must be a genius. The guy just led OR to the third title game they have played in over the last 30 years and you want to be a smart ####. He's the problem according to you. There are better coaches out there but he's the guy that just led OR to the title game after a 2-3 start and somehow avoided the covid bug that hit so many teams. You typify what's wrong with coacht but the freedom of speech we have gives you the right."

Pot meet kettle

Edited by OR nole
  • Like 2

About the schedule. In the regular season, OR will play six teams that were on the schedule last year (Farragut, Dobyns-Bennett, Powell, Clinton, Karns, and Campbell County).

Replace 12-2 West with 10-4 South Doyle (which OR did defeat). Replace 7-4 Mt. Juliet (6A at the time) with 9-4 Greeneville (4A). Replace 2-8 Hardin Valley with 2-9 Lenoir City. Replace 4-7 Fulton, which lost on the field to Maryville, South Doyle, Central, Powell and Rhea County with 4-7 Bearden.

Tough schedule to be sure, but I don't believe it to be any "stupider" than last year and we all know how that worked out.

Edited by OR nole
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bounder said:

Well we gotta play Clinton, Lenoir City, Powell, Karns and Campbell County the rest of them are just who we got so we could have a full schedule.

Nole and Bounder are right with Bonk also making some points.

Whatever happened to the idea you play good teams in the regular season to get you ready for the postseason. We could replace DB, Farragut, Greenevile and South Doyle with some weak Chattanooga teams and Oliver Springs but we would be exposed in Round One.

Bottome line, I've had my say on this topic and I am done. We go over the schedule every season and nothing every said makes a difference.

A BIT OF NEWS...

We should have a good QB battle this season. Tarwater works hard and has ability and the other QB (Peyton ?) looks good, works hard will attend an Invitation Only Camp in Nashville. He also has a full year of starting varsity experence from his Freshmen year at a small Middle Tennessee school.

I am not going to take sides and just let the chips fall where they may. My gut says we end up using both guys throught the year.

Good luck to the Wildcats and Lady Wildcats in the Region 2AAA Basketball tournamet.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, OR nole said:

A recent quote from bonkers when someone hinted that Wyatt didn't run the offense -

"You must be a genius. The guy just led OR to the third title game they have played in over the last 30 years and you want to be a smart ####. He's the problem according to you. There are better coaches out there but he's the guy that just led OR to the title game after a 2-3 start and somehow avoided the covid bug that hit so many teams. You typify what's wrong with coacht but the freedom of speech we have gives you the right."

Pot meet kettle

Apples and oranges

21 hours ago, OR nole said:

About the schedule. In the regular season, OR will play six teams that were on the schedule last year (Farragut, Dobyns-Bennett, Powell, Clinton, Karns, and Campbell County).

Replace 12-2 West with 10-4 South Doyle (which OR did defeat). Replace 7-4 Mt. Juliet (6A at the time) with 9-4 Greeneville (4A). Replace 2-8 Hardin Valley with 2-9 Lenoir City. Replace 4-7 Fulton, which lost on the field to Maryville, South Doyle, Central, Powell and Rhea County with 4-7 Bearden.

Tough schedule to be sure, but I don't believe it to be any "stupider" than last year and we all know how that worked out.

The non district schedule, which is all a coach can control,  is what concerns me with a team that lost it's secondary, it's defensive line, its offensive line, its QB, and its receivers. South Doyle is probably better than anyone on the schedule other than Powell. Greenville would beat Mt Juliet 9 times out of 10. So my point is that South Doyle, Bearden, Farragut, Greenville, and D-B represents a non district schedule that I don't think is very smart, but maybe coach knows better. 

Edited by bonkers

17 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Nole and Bounder are right with Bonk also making some points.

Whatever happened to the idea you play good teams in the regular season to get you ready for the postseason. We could replace DB, Farragut, Greenevile and South Doyle with some weak Chattanooga teams and Oliver Springs but we would be exposed in Round One.

Bottome line, I've had my say on this topic and I am done. We go over the schedule every season and nothing every said makes a difference.

A BIT OF NEWS...

We should have a good QB battle this season. Tarwater works hard and has ability and the other QB (Peyton ?) looks good, works hard will attend an Invitation Only Camp in Nashville. He also has a full year of starting varsity experence from his Freshmen year at a small Middle Tennessee school.

I am not going to take sides and just let the chips fall where they may. My gut says we end up using both guys throught the year.

Good luck to the Wildcats and Lady Wildcats in the Region 2AAA Basketball tournamet.

So you predict a two QB system! Very interesting