Oak Ridge High School Football 2021

CardinalGrey

On 2/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, HeywoodJablomi said:

What happened to Wyatt?

After barely missing the Class 5A playoffs with a 5-5 record in 2017, Rodney Ellison has resigned as the head football coach at Powell.

Ellison posted a 8-23 record in his three seasons at Powell as the Panthers improved from 1-9 in 2016 to 5-5 last season.

“I have enjoyed my time at Powell. I’ve coached some great young men and made some lifetime friendships. We showed a lot of progress this past season and I’m sure the team will make a playoff run next year and I wish them nothing but the best,” Ellison said.

Before taking over at Powell, Ellison was the offensive coordinator for three seasons (2012-14) at Clinton and also served as the head football coach at Wartburg in 2011, leading the Bulldogs to the Class 2A playoffs that season.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, HeywoodJablomi said:

What happened to Wyatt?

Maybe I'm wrong but according to those on the inside, Coach Wyatt isn't the problem. He isn't the one how manages play calling and certainly wasn't the one to go with the triple option (whatever they did) at the state championship. I think Coach Wyatt did the best he could do given the circumstances. If he leaves OR for another coaching opportunity I wish him the best of luck. He is a class act.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ORDT said:

Maybe I'm wrong but according to those on the inside, Coach Wyatt isn't the problem. He isn't the one how manages play calling and certainly wasn't the one to go with the triple option (whatever they did) at the state championship. I think Coach Wyatt did the best he could do given the circumstances. If he leaves OR for another coaching opportunity I wish him the best of luck. He is a class act.

Still flabbergasted that our staff didn’t use the 5 wide air it out offense, with Jackson in motion that we used against West in the playoffs with so much success, at least a few times in that state title game. We reverted back to that 3 yards, I mean -3 yards and a cloud of dust offense we used earlier on in the season. Bewildering, to say the least.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read our thread and realize that our coacht fans, including me, are never satisfied and most of us are also stupid and inconsistent. After bashing our OC in the stands and on coacht  for years, a change is finally made, and then that's not good enough either, or we talk about the past. This is a free speech message board and the message I get is that we just love to hear ourselves talk...figuratively, not literally. I don't believe the bashing of the OC in the stands was warranted, at least not to the degree that it went on, but to each his own. Willie is the only one on here who admits that he's "dumb as a rock" (LOL), but I maintain that he's not alone!!!

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

I read our thread and realize that our coacht fans, including me, are never satisfied and most of us are also stupid and inconsistent. After bashing our OC in the stands and on coacht  for years, a change is finally made, and then that's not good enough either, or we talk about the past. This is a free speech message board and the message I get is that we just love to hear ourselves talk...figuratively, not literally. I don't believe the bashing of the OC in the stands was warranted, at least not to the degree that it went on, but to each his own. Willie is the only one on here who admits that he's "dumb as a rock" (LOL), but I maintain that he's not alone!!!

To my credit, I said you and me both, meaning I’m dumb as a rock too!! Take it with a grain of salt. I don’t understand why folks get all up in arms about things said on a message board. Basically what they’re for in large part is for fans to bi$&@ and complain about stuff. Not sure why people act surprised when that happens. I don’t think we’re THAT bad. And to be fair, not going 5 wide (at some point) in the Summit game was pretty brainless, you have to admit. Obviously our opinions are meaningless, but that’s what people do on sports message boards.

• Like 2

Sometimes a shake-up or even new coaches freshen up a stale offense, and ours was stale! Coach Wyatt has been with Joe for a while and they have to be good friends. Which makes change harder. Let's give this change some time and see what happens. High school football for the most part is a "Run what you brung" type  of thing. To use a old drag race thingie.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

To my credit, I said you and me both, meaning I’m dumb as a rock too!! Take it with a grain of salt. I don’t understand why folks get all up in arms about things said on a message board. Basically what they’re for in large part is for fans to bi$&@ and complain about stuff. Not sure why people act surprised when that happens. I don’t think we’re THAT bad. And to be fair, not going 5 wide (at some point) in the Summit game was pretty brainless, you have to admit. Obviously our opinions are meaningless, but that’s what people do on sports message boards.

I actually couldn't agree with you more!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bounder said:

Sometimes a shake-up or even new coaches freshen up a stale offense, and ours was stale! Coach Wyatt has been with Joe for a while and they have to be good friends. Which makes change harder. Let's give this change some time and see what happens. High school football for the most part is a "Run what you brung" type  of thing. To use a old drag race thingie.

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL  

I agree with you as well !!!  Oak Ridge fans on coacht are in agreement !!! Miracles do exist !!!!!!!

On 2/4/2021 at 3:39 PM, ORDT said:

Been that way for a while