milan

melrose

northside

lake county 

south gibson

covington 

Obion

each team on our schedule has made a deep playoff run in the last 4 years

Come on now, we all know the Obion Central Rebels hasn’t made the playoffs. Regardless, schedule is tough and impressive. I don’t know where Melrose will stand this fall, which will be an intriguing team for me.

5 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Come on now, we all know the Obion Central Rebels hasn’t made the playoffs. Regardless, schedule is tough and impressive. I don’t know where Melrose will stand this fall, which will be an intriguing team for me.

I believe that last time I made a visit to Coach T was on April 28, so much to everyone's dismay, Stacmot has decided to come back out and play.

Tomcatfan2011 did say a deep playoff run in the last 4 years (17,18,19,20).  It might not have been a deep run, but Obion did make the playoffs in 2017.  The Rebels defeated Craigmont 36-28 in round one before losing to Haywood (a state semifinalist) by a score of 47-20 in round two.

I do think Haywood has a decent schedule, but I still say that South Gibson has the toughest schedule in 7-4A.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Haywood's Jaylen Lewis committing to Arkansas?

Edited by stacmot

51 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I believe that last time I made a visit to Coach T was on April 28, so much to everyone's dismay, Stacmot has decided to come back out and play.

Tomcatfan2011 did say a deep playoff run in the last 4 years,  so I assume he means the last 4 seasons (17,18,19,20)  It might not have been a deep run, but Obion did make the playoffs in 2017.  The Rebels defeated Craigmont 36-28 in round one before losing to Haywood (a state semifinalist) by a score of 47-20 in round two.

I do think Haywood has a decent schedule, but I still say that South Gibson has the toughest schedule in 7-4A.

Does anyone have any thoughts about Haywood's Jaylen Lewis committing to Arkansas?

I thought he’d choose his dream school of LSU. He choose where he knows he will play, and i don’t blame em! 

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Go to south Gibson the week before the season starts and watch their jamboree. South Gibson and Peabody do it every year. 

I didn't know that, but I'd like to see a regular season contest.  No team shows all they've got in a jamboree.

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree. And very happy for Lewis going to Arkansas. I hope he is happy there and does great things. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anthony Brown joins him there. 

I had wondered if his decision might have some influence on Anthony Brown.  It would be great to see them playing on the same team.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Milan - Haywood game. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2021 at 3:26 PM, stacmot said:

Tomcatfan2011 did say a deep playoff run in the last 4 years (17,18,19,20).  It might not have been a deep run, but Obion did make the playoffs in 2017.  The Rebels defeated Craigmont 36-28 in round one before losing to Haywood (a state semifinalist) by a score of 47-20 in round two.

I got cha! But beating one team in the playoffs is not considered a “deep run” in my eyes. 

32 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I got cha! But beating one team in the playoffs is not considered a “deep run” in my eyes. 

You said, "Come on now, we all know the Obion Central Rebels hasn’t made the playoffs."  I said, "It might not have been a deep run, but Obion did make the playoffs in 2017."

I agree.  I wouldn't consider being put out in the second round a deep run.  However, I did want to point out that the Rebels did make the playoffs at least once in that 4 season time frame mentioned by Tomcatfan2011.  Your statement seems to imply that the Rebels didn't.  In fact, your statement seems to imply that OCC has never made the playoffs.

Edited by stacmot