Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

26 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I see you joined 2 days ago. Welcome to Coach T.

Do you have any more details on the Peabody-Haywood 7 on 7?

I didn’t know there was a 7 on 7 today, but if Peabody lost that makes me feel good. It gives them a loss feeling before the season and shows them what their weaknesses are so they can improve. The players on this team have not lost a game in their high school career, so I hope this gets them ready so they can go get state again. Ok I’m done back to your 4A commentary

15 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

I didn’t know there was a 7 on 7 today, but if Peabody lost that makes me feel good. It gives them a loss feeling before the season and shows them what their weaknesses are so they can improve. The players on this team have not lost a game in their high school career, so I hope this gets them ready so they can go get state again. Ok I’m done back to your 4A commentary

Thanks. 

33 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Bet the left tackle is happy knowing he is still undefeated. 

First off, Peabody is still very, very good and a heavy favorite for another state title. Haywood is also loaded with several new skill players at receiver and a very good soph quarterback. Last year's qb was a converted d back making his first start and struggled at times. Cordero Walker is a natural quarterback, a smart decision maker and will be a D1 player at his position. Any thoughts that Haywood will be reloading are very off base. They are solid across the board on both sides of the ball and were just faster and won most of the one on one battles against Peabody. Jaylen Lewis and Ganaway pretty much cancelled each other out, but both made some big plays. I give Lewis the edge overall. Don't know anything about what other teams have since everyone is high on their teams this time of year. Haywood jumped out to a 6-1 TD lead and after that the second and third teams went in. That being said it is still just 7 on 7, so not "real" football. And yes I watched the event.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

First off, Peabody is still very, very good and a heavy favorite for another state title. Haywood is also loaded with several new skill players at receiver and a very good soph quarterback. Last year's qb was a converted d back making his first start and struggled at times. Cordero Walker is a natural quarterback, a smart decision maker and will be a D1 player at his position. Any thoughts that Haywood will be reloading are very off base. They are solid across the board on both sides of the ball and were just faster and won most of the one on one battles against Peabody. Jaylen Lewis and Ganaway pretty much cancelled each other out, but both made some big plays. I give Lewis the edge overall. Don't know anything about what other teams have since everyone is high on their teams this time of year. Haywood jumped out to a 6-1 TD lead and after that the second and third teams went in. That being said it is still just 7 on 7, so not "real" football. And yes I watched the event.

Thanks ReddyReb.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, reddyrebel6 said:

Haywood is also participating in a high level 7 on 7 at MCCracken County at the end of the week. Brentwood Academy and numerous high profile teams on hand! I'd say don't worry about that soph quarterback and the receiver position is even better than last year. Also looking forward to seeing BK Taylor at RB in a non share spot as the top back

Any news from the McCracken Co. 7 on 7 tournament?