Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

• 2 weeks later...

Jamborees provide a game-like atmosphere, as well as a final tune-up for the regular season.  However, most teams won't show a lot, and in an effort to avoid injury, they will probably  limit the play of key players.  Nevertheless, Friday night's jamborees should provide some good games and a fun night.

Here are the jamboree schedules for Region 7-4A's Bulldogs, Cavaliers, Hornets, Indians, Rebels and Tomcats:

South Gibson @ Peabody
Milan @ Union City
Obion Co. Central vs Munford  (Dyersburg Jamboree)
Crockett Co. vs Dyersburg  (Dyersburg Jamboree)
Jackson North Side vs Paducah Tilghman  (Henry Co. Jamboree)
Haywood vs Henry County  (Henry Co. Jamboree)

Now, for week 1...with the exception of two games on Thursday the 19th, three of the Region 7 teams will open their 2021 seasons under the "Friday Night Lights" on the 20th .   Haywood's season won't start until Week 2   when the Tomcats will host the 6A Cordova Wolves.

8/19 - Crockett Co. @ Dyer Co.
8/19 - Milan @ Peabody
8/20 - Hardin Co @ North Side
8/20 - Obion Central @ Gibson Co.
8/20 - Lexington @ South Gibson

Praying for safe travels and clean injury free games for all teams during the 2021 season. 

As a side note, the guys at Friday Main Event say they're doing an opening week "Gameday" for the Milan- Peabody game on the 19th.  Are you ready for some football?

9 hours ago, stacmot said:

Jamborees provide a game-like atmosphere, as well as a final tune-up for the regular season.  However, most teams won't show a lot, and in an effort to avoid injury, they will probably  limit the play of key players.  Nevertheless, Friday night's jamborees should provide some good games and a fun night.

Here are the jamboree schedules for Region 7-4A's Bulldogs, Cavaliers, Hornets, Indians, Rebels and Tomcats:

South Gibson @ Peabody
Milan @ Union City
Obion Co. Central vs Munford  (Dyersburg Jamboree)
Crockett Co. vs Dyersburg  (Dyersburg Jamboree)
Jackson North Side vs Paducah Tilghman  (Henry Co. Jamboree)
Haywood vs Henry County  (Henry Co. Jamboree)

Now, for week 1...with the exception of two games on Thursday the 19th, three of the Region 7 teams will open their 2021 seasons under the "Friday Night Lights" on the 20th .   Haywood's season won't start until Week 2   when the Tomcats will host the 6A Cordova Wolves.

8/19 - Crockett Co. @ Dyer Co.
8/19 - Milan @ Peabody
8/20 - Hardin Co @ North Side
8/20 - Obion Central @ Gibson Co.
8/20 - Lexington @ South Gibson

Praying for safe travels and clean injury free games for all teams during the 2021 season. 

As a side note, the guys at Friday Main Event say they're doing an opening week "Gameday" for the Milan- Peabody game on the 19th.  Are you ready for some football?

I can’t stand the off season when there is no football. I have been ready for some football since the Super Bowl was over last year. Been a long wait. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I can’t stand the off season when there is no football. I have been ready for some football since the Super Bowl was over last year. Been a long wait. 

31 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Ditto!

Unfortunately, with Covid spreading like it is, I might have to sit out another season.  I'm fully vaccinated, but I don't need to take chances.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the TSSAA goes back to last year's restrictions before, or shortly after, the season starts.

I keep telling myself that watching the games from home has some advantages...a warm or cool comfortable seat, easy access to food and the restroom, no traveling, no searching for a parking space, etc...  But, it still stinks!  I'd much rather be there in person.

24 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Unfortunately, with Covid spreading like it is, I might have to sit out another season.  I'm fully vaccinated, but I don't need to take chances.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the TSSAA goes back to last year's restrictions before, or shortly after, the season starts.

I keep telling myself that watching the games from home has some advantages...a warm or cool comfortable seat, easy access to food and the restroom, no traveling, no searching for a parking space, etc...  But, it still stinks!  I'd much rather be there in person.

I completely understand. My job requires me to be there anyway so thankfully I don’t have a choice. :)

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

I hate to hear this. This is going to be another challenging year I fear. Covid cases are spreading like wildfire right now. I also fear that there may be another national shut down again. I really hope that I am wrong. People are so tired and worn over all of the crazy. 

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I hate to hear this. This is going to be another challenging year I fear. Covid cases are spreading like wildfire right now. I also fear that there may be another national shut down again. I really hope that I am wrong. People are so tired and worn over all of the crazy. 

12 hours ago, stacmot said:

Im afraid y’all may be right. The COVID is recon havoc again. Have a lot of friends that are dealing with it right now. Was so looking forward to a normal football season. But will be shocked if it’s normal, the way things are trending rite now. I hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

Im afraid y’all may be right. The COVID is recon havoc again. Have a lot of friends that are dealing with it right now. Was so looking forward to a normal football season. But will be shocked if it’s normal, the way things are trending rite now. I hope I’m wrong. 

I know.  I was really looking forward to a normal football season.  We may have one, but if we do, I just can't take chances.  I have friends who are dealing with it right now as well.  Of course, I've seen the posts about Waverly too.  I hope this surge goes away soon. Who do the Tigers "jamboree" with Friday?

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I hope you are wrong too. Unfortunately, from what I have read, the second wave of this crap is more contagious than the first. It is supposedly not as deadly but is WAY more contagious. 

I have always heard that history repeats itself. When the Spanish flu happened it 3 years to go away. The second wave of it killed 2 times as many people as the first wave. The third wave, was a flash in the pan compared to the first and second. 

You are going to be hard pressed to find someone that loves the game of football more than me. I want this crap to go away and get back to normal life as quick as possible. Unfortunately, no one has the right answer. This would be a terrible time to be in a leadership role anywhere right now. There is no right answer IMO. I believe, we just continue to pray and give it to God because it is all out of our control anyway....   

Just sharing my thoughts. Please save the flames. Last time I checked this was a public forum. 

13 hours ago, stacmot said:

I know.  I was really looking forward to a normal football season.  We may have one, but if we do, I just can't take chances.  I have friends who are dealing with it right now as well.  Of course, I've seen the posts about Waverly too.  I hope this surge goes away soon. Who do the Tigers "jamboree" with Friday?

I’ll I’ve seen is there doing a meet the Tigers event Thursday night. No mention of a jamboree. So I’m guessing there done till opening game at Northside on the 20th.