Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

11 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I hope you are wrong too. Unfortunately, from what I have read, the second wave of this crap is more contagious than the first. It is supposedly not as deadly but is WAY more contagious. 

I have always heard that history repeats itself. When the Spanish flu happened it 3 years to go away. The second wave of it killed 2 times as many people as the first wave. The third wave, was a flash in the pan compared to the first and second. 

You are going to be hard pressed to find someone that loves the game of football more than me. I want this crap to go away and get back to normal life as quick as possible. Unfortunately, no one has the right answer. This would be a terrible time to be in a leadership role anywhere right now. There is no right answer IMO. I believe, we just continue to pray and give it to God because it is all out of our control anyway....   

Just sharing my thoughts. Please save the flames. Last time I checked this was a public forum. 

I agree with everything you said. Especially about putting it in God’s hands. As I like to say “ Live in faith and not fear” . But my selfish side wants there to be football . So gonna stay optimistic that about this season.

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

I agree with everything you said. Especially about putting it in God’s hands. As I like to say “ Live in faith and not fear” . But my selfish side wants there to be football . So gonna stay optimistic that about this season.

I would have placed a large wager that we would not have made it to the playoffs last season! Hopefully all of the kids that have worked hard butts off get to have a season. 

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I’ll I’ve seen is there doing a meet the Tigers event Thursday night. No mention of a jamboree. So I’m guessing there done till opening game at Northside on the 20th. 

I thought Hardin County does have a jamboree. Could be wrong, but I’m hearing they have Scotts Hill coming to town.

Here's a quick look at Sonny Moore's power ratings for 7-4A. (Numbers in parentheses indicate each team's rank among all teams in the state.) 

1. Milan  135.42  (27)
2. Haywood  128.35  (54)
3. South Gibson  123.44  (73)
4. North Side  113.38  (122)
5. Crockett Co.  112.51 (128)
6. Obion Central  98.00  (201)

Nothing new to see here.  Just more Milan!

Edited by stacmot

53 minutes ago, reddyrebel6 said:

So I guess Henry County would be ranked third in these rankings?

Sonny Moore ranks the Patriots as 23rd in the state with a power rating of 136.0, but I get what you're saying.  Polls and/or ratings aren't reliable.  Head to head competition determines the outcome...at least at the particular time and place the two teams meet.