2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

It hasnt and probably wont,if it does it wont be against the type of competition those teams played back then.The 2A teams now dont come close to those of that time.He was the best HS player I've seen in person.A physical Phenom.Not to mention a Stud at Penn State also.

I agree completely on the competition. It was much more difficult to win under the 3 class system. Anyone that says it is more difficult to win under the 5 or 6 class system we have now is delusional. 

I never saw Thompson in high school, though I did in college and NFL. Incredible player. Patrick Willis was the best I ever saw in person in high school. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/29/2021 at 8:28 PM, TheBest2018 said:

Nothing new. . but I think Meigs and Marion battle it out in this region.  And the more important game between the 2 will be the 2nd time they play.  This will be an exciting matchup.  I think I will try to make this game, assuming the season goes the way we all think it will

I wouldn't get to far ahead with your planning for that 2nd matchup, there is two pretty good teams from the other region you will have to go through. Should be hands down most stacked quad in 1A or 2A. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

he was deceptively fast. looked kind of big and lumbering then he was outrunning other stud kids. 

Yes he was,he also was State Champion in Basketball and Track along with football.My brother and me went to watch them play Alcoa in Basketball and we left at halftime,that was no place for two white boys from Greenback good gracious those games and fans got very agressive!Never seen anything like that basketball game in my life at the old Alcoa gym.

5 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I wouldn't get to far ahead with your planning for that 2nd matchup, there is two pretty good teams from the other region you will have to go through. Should be hands down most stacked quad in 1A or 2A. 

Till Trousdale is out of the playoffs, is when not to worry and now Watertown is starting to be just like them. Jmo 

On 6/2/2021 at 11:35 AM, TCRadio said:

East Roberson and Harpeth?? jk  you are right.  some solid teams in that quadrant.  I plan to watch those matchups, assuming the season plays out how we expect it to.  I wanna watch south pitt some to and see what coach Jones is going to put on the field.