2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

7 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

From what I was told its a 2 yr contract. If sp chooses not to play its a $5k buyout. If they choose not to play next year it's another $5k. That's at the discretion of our administration as to whether or not to enforce the payment. I can't speak for the administration but I would assume after what was said last year about MC I would be willing to bet they would push it. I would wait for it to be officially canceled though because I've heard this was not discussed with sp administration. 

Are you admin at Jasper or something?

12 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

From what I was told its a 2 yr contract. If sp chooses not to play its a $5k buyout. If they choose not to play next year it's another $5k. That's at the discretion of our administration as to whether or not to enforce the payment. I can't speak for the administration but I would assume after what was said last year about MC I would be willing to bet they would push it. I would wait for it to be officially canceled though because I've heard this was not discussed with sp administration. 

That sounds right. I mean if not then what's the point of a contract. It will be interesting to see what happens.  I do think the kings swap for NJ was a great move. Just hope this one still gets played.

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Saved you a heartbreak last year too

LRDAO... Is that why you jailhouse fellars cancelled? Doing our boys a favor? You jailhouse fellars tried every trick in the book to keep this Jones man from getting hired.  I think you even had Grider in on it.  You think im joking but im not. 

Just now, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO... Is that why you jailhouse fellars cancelled? Doing our boys a favor? You jailhouse fellars tried every trick in the book to keep this Jones man from getting hired.  I think you even had Grider in on it.  You think im joking but im not. 

There was a group that didn't want Jones hired but they wore orange and black. I'm pretty sure that's been discussed on all types of social media from sp. There's still some turmoil behind the scenes. Lot of promises made that can't be kept. 

20 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

There was a group that didn't want Jones hired but they wore orange and black. I'm pretty sure that's been discussed on all types of social media from sp. There's still some turmoil behind the scenes. Lot of promises made that can't be kept. 

You sure seem to brown nose with some important people. Jasper didn’t want Jonesy hired either. I’d say 95% of SP got the coach they wanted. It’s never going to be 100%. It wasn’t that way when Pruitt was hired either. Can’t make em all happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

There’s turmoil behind the scenes at every school.  There’s a reason it’s “behind the scenes”.  Some stuff just needs to be handled within.  That goes for Jasper High as well.  Y’all just need to drop everything and let’s move forward with what we have.  It’s the adults on both sides that’s caused both of us to be in this situation.  There are always two sides to every story.  Nothing has been made “official” yet.  If and when it is, you will feel a little less in the know than you think.  Like I said y’all need to be more concerned with what’s going on in your own back yard rather than constantly making up accusations about little ole SP.  Everything is for the better.  

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

You sure seem to brown nose with some important people. Jasper didn’t want Jonesy hired either. I’d say 95% of SP got the coach they wanted. It’s never going to be 100%. It wasn’t that way when Pruitt was hired either. Can’t make em all happy.

Like one person said  "you may have gotten what you wanted but also may have gotten what you deserved."

19 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

There’s turmoil behind the scenes at every school.  There’s a reason it’s “behind the scenes”.  Some stuff just needs to be handled within.  That goes for Jasper High as well.  Y’all just need to drop everything and let’s move forward with what we have.  It’s the adults on both sides that’s caused both of us to be in this situation.  There are always two sides to every story.  Nothing has been made “official” yet.  If and when it is, you will feel a little less in the know than you think.  Like I said y’all need to be more concerned with what’s going on in your own back yard rather than constantly making up accusations about little ole SP.  Everything is for the better.  

Like sp dropped the stuff last year and moved on? Y'all need to quit posting your problems all over social media if you want it handled within. You are right about one thing. Every school has problems. 

34 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Like sp dropped the stuff last year and moved on? Y'all need to quit posting your problems all over social media if you want it handled within. You are right about one thing. Every school has problems. 

I agree that a lot of SP folks don’t know how to just let things go.  There are those kind of folks in every town, especially where sports programs are at the forefront.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  All the going back and forth is wearing me out.  I don’t claim to be “in the know”, but even I can see why the game was mutually agreed upon to not be played.  Listen, I’m loyal to the kids regardless of school.   Yes I’m more partial to SP.  I want every kid in the valley to succeed.  I want every kid to have positive memories of their time playing sports.  Just stop and think for a minute.  If this game stayed on the schedule, with all the crap being said by the adults about each school and that has trickled down to several of the kids on both sides, this game would most likely go down in that Hargis man’s book as another time these two schools couldn’t play each other due to all the violent threats made.  Think about it.  Kids like to mouth during a game.  If one little thing is said about all this mess, then it could get ugly fast for both teams.  Both teams have a chance to do big things this 2021 season.  Do you want that to all be taken away because of some little rivalry??  Like you said a lot of behind the scenes turmoil that would likely carry over into that game.  Neither Coach wants that to happen.  You know it would.  This has been done in the past until things cleared up.  Let’s all just chill and let the kids enjoy their football season.