2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

25 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I agree that a lot of SP folks don’t know how to just let things go.  There are those kind of folks in every town, especially where sports programs are at the forefront.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  All the going back and forth is wearing me out.  I don’t claim to be “in the know”, but even I can see why the game was mutually agreed upon to not be played.  Listen, I’m loyal to the kids regardless of school.   Yes I’m more partial to SP.  I want every kid in the valley to succeed.  I want every kid to have positive memories of their time playing sports.  Just stop and think for a minute.  If this game stayed on the schedule, with all the crap being said by the adults about each school and that has trickled down to several of the kids on both sides, this game would most likely go down in that Hargis man’s book as another time these two schools couldn’t play each other due to all the violent threats made.  Think about it.  Kids like to mouth during a game.  If one little thing is said about all this mess, then it could get ugly fast for both teams.  Both teams have a chance to do big things this 2021 season.  Do you want that to all be taken away because of some little rivalry??  Like you said a lot of behind the scenes turmoil that would likely carry over into that game.  Neither Coach wants that to happen.  You know it would.  This has been done in the past until things cleared up.  Let’s all just chill and let the kids enjoy their football season.  

I can agree that it's the adults that make it worse but I had more than one kid tell me last year they were tired of the "chicken talk" about the game not being played. Those kids had no say so in the playing of the game but had to hear that BS for the past 8 months. Whether or not MC and sp ever play again in any sport is fine with me. Also from what I'm told it wasn't mutually agreed upon. It's a home game for sp and it's their choice to play or not and if they choose not to play that's their option. If not it's up to our administrators to enforce the buyout. 

IMO it would be a shame if this game isn’t played. It is without a doubt the best rivalry in 1A/ 2A and more than likely any class in the state.

Im sure these kids have grown up wanting to play in this game. IMO it would a disservice to the kids not allowing them to play each other!

• Like 2

Listen folks, unless you were actually in attendance during the meeting between the coaches to discuss playing this game or not, anything you say is simply a rumor. That goes to fans from both schools. Remember, “hearsay, even from those we consider close, doesn’t equate to gospel truth!”

Edited by piratetom
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

IMO it would be a shame if this game isn’t played. It is without a doubt the best rivalry in 1A/ 2A and more than likely any class in the state.

Im sure these kids have grown up wanting to play in this game. IMO it would a disservice to the kids not allowing them to play each other!

It may still get played. Actually the kids are pretty much friends. It's some of us that make it still so heated. It's not like it used to be though. It used to be pretty bad. We will just wait and see the official announcement on it. Some one jumped the gun trying to cancel it and didn't talk to the people in charge so there may still be a chance.

18 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I'm not really terrified but I think it would've been interesting series again because MC is about to go on a run for quite a while.

I do think it benefits you guys to drop us for the foreseeable future though.

Kinda like when Jasper dropped Whitwell to avoid the Red Tygger scare from 2017 & 2018?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Well reading above Marion is about the only team to watch!  “ They are going on a run”

I’m not a fan of any team in the Valley. Nothing against them my team just lies out West. But let’s be serious about this. If I was a football fan in the area and wanted to watch good games I would  probably go watch some Marion games.

Whiwuhl stinks and Secrotchie Co is only slightly better. South Pitt will destroy everyone on their schedule. Marion would really be the only option.  

• Like 1