Miss Basketball Candidates

CoachD33

16 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Nominations are due by Feb. 8th. Would like some input from folks statewide. Give me some worthy names in each classification to consider. Thanks.

Lakeway Christian Academy would like to ask everyone to please consider nominating two of their seniors Jordaynia Ivie and Maggie Vick for DII-A Miss Basketball.  Both young ladies have been vital to the success of our program.  Both are statistical leaders and stat sheet fillers for the current #1 ranked DII-A team in the state.  Jordaynia holds multiple D1 offers and Maggie is an Iowa State signee.  Nia-Miss-Basketball-21.jpgMaggie-Miss-Basketball-21.jpg

AAA Amelia Osgood from Brentwood High School:

She currently has 1,807 points (School Record)

She has 535 career assists. (School Record)

Single Game school record: 40 points

Single Season school record: 598

250+ 3-pointers ( School Record)

Committed to Princeton University

Varsity starter all 4 years

Exceptional student/athlete with a 4.55 GPA

Led Brentwood HS to first State tournament Elite 8 appearance since 2013.

Amelia has an exceptional will to win, 29 -3 team record in the 2019-2020 season. 17-4 this year.

Individual per game averages for the 2019-2020 season:

18.3 PPG

4.2 APG

3.7  RPG

2.1 SPG

44% from 3 point line.

2020 TSWA All-State AAA high school girls team

2019-20 WILLCO Girls Basketball Player of the Year

2020 TN Report AAA All-State Team 

2020 Tennessean All-Midstate girls basketball team 

2020 Region Tourney MVP 

2020 11AAA All District and 11AAA All-Tourney
2020 unapproved website/WBCA Players of the Week February 23
2020 Gateway Tire Player of the Week January 7

2020 1,000 point 300 assist club January 5

2019 WILLCO Female Basketball Finalist 

2019 6AAA All Region All-Tourney

2019 11AAA All District and 11AAA All-Tourney 

2018 11AAA District All-Tourney and 6AAA Region All-Tourney

5 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Nominations are due by Feb. 8th. Would like some input from folks statewide. Give me some worthy names in each classification to consider. Thanks.

Hello NWhoop...I have a favor to ask of you. I statrted a Miss Basketball thread on CoachT months ago and have invited anybody to nominate player there. I have been putting information on Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats Khamari Mitchell-Steen in that thread all season long. Some others have also put names of candidates worthy of Nomination.

Please check that thread out and consider Mitchell-Steen ( Oak Ridge ), Miller of Stone Memorial, the Maryville girl and several others.

Please notice that Mitchell-Steen is avraging 9.5 rebounds this season as a guard. That testifies to her relentless agressive winning style of basketball. You can see a lot of Khamari's game by going to YouTube. look for prep radio and click on any Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats streams. Tonight at 6PM they are streaming the OR vs Clinton games.

Thank you!!!!

59 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Hello NWhoop...I have a favor to ask of you. I statrted a Miss Basketball thread on CoachT months ago and have invited anybody to nominate player there. I have been putting information on Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats Khamari Mitchell-Steen in that thread all season long. Some others have also put names of candidates worthy of Nomination.

Please check that thread out and consider Mitchell-Steen ( Oak Ridge ), Miller of Stone Memorial, the Maryville girl and several others.

Please notice that Mitchell-Steen is avraging 9.5 rebounds this season as a guard. That testifies to her relentless agressive winning style of basketball. You can see a lot of Khamari's game by going to YouTube. look for prep radio and click on any Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats streams. Tonight at 6PM they are streaming the OR vs Clinton games.

Thank you!!!!

Thanks Willie. Following that thread as well.

Tonight Oak Ridge won the District and will host the 3-AAA District Tournament. It also automatically puts VictORy City ito the Region 2-AAA Tournamnet.

Khamari Mitchell-Steen scored 20 points against Clinton.

Speaking of Khamari, I notice her 9.5 Rebounds per game is way ahead of the other girls I see being Nominated. I am going to guess she is a 5-6 or 5-7 guard. Her aggressiveness and determination is off the charts.

Single A - Karly Weathers - A two time finalist losing to Moore McNeil both times.  Think has a good chance to win it this year.  Honestly not to familiar with anyone else in this classification.

Double A - Reagan Hurst - Best guard in the Upper Cumberland and a finalist last year.  Ultimate team player and leader on the number 1 team.  Jada Harrison, sophomore guard from Martin Westview, would also be in contention.

Triple A - Denae Fritz- Finalist last year that can take over a game.  Tessa Miller would also be a logical choice.  Best post player with guard skills in the Upper Cumberland.

As always, just my opinion  I know there are other deserving players out there.

• Like 1