District 14-AA charging double

Macnarry

It appears the teams hosting District 14-AA tournament games on Monday will charge full price for both games. The schools will clearly the gym between games, spray some Lysol, and then ask for a second ticket to get back in the gym.

You will spend $14 for two first round district tournament games. To paraphrase Allen Iverson, "We're not talking about the semifinals or championship, we're talking the first round of the district tournament."  Oh yes, the TSSAA will get their 18 percent cut of the game.

I just wonder how many schools will do that on Monday to their loyal fans.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Macnarry said:

It appears the teams hosting District 14-AA tournament games on Monday will charge full price for both games. The schools will clearly the gym between games, spray some Lysol, and then ask for a second ticket to get back in the gym.

You will spend $14 for two first round district tournament games. To paraphrase Allen Iverson, "We're not talking about the semifinals or championship, we're talking the first round of the district tournament."  Oh yes, the TSSAA will get their 18 percent cut of the game.

I just wonder how many schools will do that on Monday to their loyal fans.

They are hurting for money! I excepted them to come up with a reason to gain more money. 

4 hours ago, Bobcats83 said:

Gotcha.  So the district as a whole made this decision.  I’m assuming Southside is doing the same thing 

Yea it was up to each school. We are doing the same. Girls game starts at 5:30 and then “they are clearing the gym” to “clean it” and then let ppl back in after they pay again! We really didn’t have to play the district tournament, we could have just picked the top 4 from the regular season 

13 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Kinda should expect it, because boys and girls usually play on different nights. The worst part is for the teams playing on same night in different gyms. So some fans will miss either there girls or boys playing. 

Yea that’s true. It’s so different not but I am just glad to be playing ball! Hopefully they let us finish this year