2021 Marion County

Bushog02

58 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Why do you believe a 3-4 to be lacking vs a run offense? “3-4” is just a trendy name for a 5-2, or what old school coaches refer to as a “50”.  What defense to you prefer?

Because John Robinson teams at USC and LA Rams faced one back offenses a lot of the time, 2 at most.  In H.S. the Veer, Wing-T etc have 3 or 4.  I just never have liked the overall outcome.  Good option QB's love it.  I liked Dave Baxter's version of the 4-3 flex.

6 minutes ago, Bushog02 said:

Glad he got to play he’s senior year. Should punish a kid over adults being stupid 

LRDAO.... He is mad at you jailhouse fellars.  He was chewing nails in half earlier.  You better tell that Pruitt man and Starky man to quit worrying about our checkbook and get at least three boys on this Davis boy.  You think im joking but im not. 

7 minutes ago, rlh said:

Because John Robinson teams at USC and LA Rams faced one back offenses a lot of the time, 2 at most.  In H.S. the Veer, Wing-T etc have 3 or 4.  I just never have liked the overall outcome.  Good option QB's love it.  I liked Dave Baxter's version of the 4-3 flex.

What kind of option? Midline, veer, speed, true triple? What makes the 50 vulnerable to the option you speak of? 

22 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

If you have the personal it works great,if you dont have 3 studs up front and adequate LBs it is not.For small schools it's usually not very effective.For us small schools you have 1 or the other and the 4 man front is usually a better way to go to hide a weakness.We (Greenback) went to a 3-4/5 this past year because of not enough linemen.Covid and the Jeffries kid going to Alcoa cut us thin.It worked decent but the four and five front won out later in the year when we got healthy.

So you went to a 3-4 because you didn’t have enough linemen for a 40. That’s my point. 

2 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

So you went to a 3-4 because you didn’t have enough linemen for a 40. That’s my point. 

Yes.Im not a fan of the 3 front for us.I remember watching Catholic run it one year and LOVED it but they had the personnel.I am a 4 man front all the way and a 5 when needed.Most High schools are run oriented and just seems to work better.IMO.

34 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... He is mad at you jailhouse fellars.  He was chewing nails in half earlier.  You better tell that Pruitt man and Starky man to quit worrying about our checkbook and get at least three boys on this Davis boy.  You think im joking but im not. 

Roy trying to talk about football instead of that BS on y’all topic. Don’t really care about it can’t wait till football season. Good day, sir

56 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yes.Im not a fan of the 3 front for us.I remember watching Catholic run it one year and LOVED it but they had the personnel.I am a 4 man front all the way and a 5 when needed.Most High schools are run oriented and just seems to work better.IMO.

4-4 or 4-3? Not many 4-3’s in Middle Tennessee any more. We tried the 4-4 when Barker was here and it wasn’t a fit. When facing an OC that makes you adjust to formations it requires a lot of alignment issues for you. Not to mention having to play cover 3 a lot is a disaster against a good qb.

17 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

4-4 or 4-3? Not many 4-3’s in Middle Tennessee any more. We tried the 4-4 when Barker was here and it wasn’t a fit. When facing an OC that makes you adjust to formations it requires a lot of alignment issues for you. Not to mention having to play cover 3 a lot is a disaster against a good qb.

4-3 and 5-3,No teams around here throw it but us.Running QBs are the trouble.