South Pittsburg Pirates’ Coaching Search

OLD PIRATE

Anybody else starting to get the feeling that this thing is alot deeper and wider than has been exposed so far?  Lets think about it......In reality "The Captain" takes an oath to be the last one off the ship if its sinking, I mean its your ship right?    Think on that for a minute....  So when "The Captain" jumps ship during troubled times prior to everyone else getting off there is a hefty penalty to be paid.  Boys good head coaches don't walk away from programs such as this because their tired, tired of what? Winning District Titles, making deep playoff runs, winning Silver and Gold Balls.  Really come on folks. Maybe you get out when you know the cupboard is bare, so you parlay your name, resume, winning brand into a new start somewhere else, but we all know the Pirates are loaded with returning talent and probably a chance at another title run.  I don't know a coach alive that walks away from that situation.  NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!  So whats the lesson here, maybe the Captain jumped ship as part of an agreement (sacrificial lamb) with the powers to be to try and save face for a lesser punishment on the program as a whole, save his good name and scoot on down the road in a year or two after the buzz has settled and land a pretty good job, say in Georgia at somewhere like a Ridgeland who if they have another down year will certainly be looking for someone to revive the program. 

Maybe nothing else will come about this paying rent for the less fortunate or maybe some folks will end up needing Attorneys to save their good names.  Remains to be seen how involved it gets. At the end of the day kids are involved, so hopefully it all works out in the end in the kids favor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Headhunter42 said:

Anybody else starting to get the feeling that this thing is alot deeper and wider than has been exposed so far?  Lets think about it......In reality "The Captain" takes an oath to be the last one off the ship if its sinking, I mean its your ship right?    Think on that for a minute....  So when "The Captain" jumps ship during troubled times prior to everyone else getting off there is a hefty penalty to be paid.  Boys good head coaches don't walk away from programs such as this because their tired, tired of what? Winning District Titles, making deep playoff runs, winning Silver and Gold Balls.  Really come on folks. Maybe you get out when you know the cupboard is bare, so you parlay your name, resume, winning brand into a new start somewhere else, but we all know the Pirates are loaded with returning talent and probably a chance at another title run.  I don't know a coach alive that walks away from that situation.  NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!  So whats the lesson here, maybe the Captain jumped ship as part of an agreement (sacrificial lamb) with the powers to be to try and save face for a lesser punishment on the program as a whole, save his good name and scoot on down the road in a year or two after the buzz has settled and land a pretty good job, say in Georgia at somewhere like a Ridgeland who if they have another down year will certainly be looking for someone to revive the program. 

Maybe nothing else will come about this paying rent for the less fortunate or maybe some folks will end up needing Attorneys to save their good names.  Remains to be seen how involved it gets. At the end of the day kids are involved, so hopefully it all works out in the end in the kids favor. 

Your not even close

• Like 1

Just now, Headhunter42 said:

Sounds like your in the know, school us so were all up to speed. I was just simply speculating on one possible scenario, key word being speculating.  But which part am I not even close on? 

Those jailhouse fellars are the ones in the know lol ;-)     it will be interesting to see how things develop. 

43 minutes ago, Headhunter42 said:

Old Pirate says, What a load of horse sit. Phil Beene gave way to Don Grider who won state title the following year. Don Grider gave way to Danny Wilson who won a state in perhaps a couple of years. Wilson gave way to Vic with a loaded team. Vic gave way to Tim Moore who played for the title in year one! Youngon, yous dumber than any box of rocks this Old Pirate has seen in a spell. Do yourself a favor & always stay in the shadows. Theys folkes that surely would want to avoid Blooming  Nut Jobs! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 1

RD, Old Pirate says yous got to talk to that Tower man ASAP. Someone is hurting that bank. Old Pirate will find another bank with the main office Not in Jasper! Old Pirate’s point is, them Jasper Jailhouse High folkes drink from the same contaminated stream! Old Pirate ain’t jest joking neither!

37 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, What a load of horse sit. Phil Beene gave way to Don Grider who won state title the following year. Don Grider gave way to Danny Wilson who won a state in perhaps a couple of years. Wilson gave way to Vic with a loaded team. Vic gave way to Tim Moore who played for the title in year one! Youngon, yous dumber than any box of rocks this Old Pirate has seen in a spell. Do yourself a favor & always stay in the shadows. Theys folkes that surely would want to avoid Blooming  Nut Jobs! 

Sir, you probably don't know me but I might know you.  So lets keep it classy and keep the name calling out of it if you don't mind.  I'm just on here having fun like everyone else.  No since in getting your blood pressure up, sometimes that's not good for old fellers health.  But I will give you credit on your history, South Pitt has been the rare, extremely rare job that folks have walked away with good teams on the horizon.  I just don't think with what recently has transpired with the negative publicity that your coaches retiring didn't have something to do with all this.  Maybe Im wrong, want be the first time.   

8 minutes ago, Headhunter42 said:

Sir, you probably don't know me but I might know you.  So lets keep it classy and keep the name calling out of it if you don't mind.  I'm just on here having fun like everyone else.  No since in getting your blood pressure up, sometimes that's not good for old fellers health.  But I will give you credit on your history, South Pitt has been the rare, extremely rare job that folks have walked away with good teams on the horizon.  I just don't think with what recently has transpired with the negative publicity that your coaches retiring didn't have something to do with all this.  Maybe Im wrong, want be the first time.   

The speculation about Victory retiring started in August.  Said issue in previously posted story happened in Dec.  Plus, when he came back, he said it was for a 5 year stretch.  It was 6. 

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

They're worried we turned them in. They may be upset when they know who was behind it all.

I doubt we will be upset, but what you are a saying is there was a personal agenda and conspiracy to set up the Pirates.  The sad part is the one hurt mostly is an innocent young man that isn’t going to be able to play his senior season.  The kid should be left out of this adult crybaby game.  

• Like 1