2021 Championship games predictions for Chattanooga?

Sequatchie33

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's why I included city government and COC's in my post. Everyone in the community stands to gain in some form from hosting a state championship tournament (or multiple games on multiple days), with lodging and food being foremost. I have no idea how individual potential venues arrive at their respective final bids, but it stands to reason that hosting would be more attractive to local government than simply whether the actual venue turns a profit. 

Spot on as usual sir ! The venue itself  is almost what we in the restaurant industry call a “loss leader” if it can break even on labor and maintence it will certainly gain in consession sales  ! But mana oh man the economic impact as a whole is huge ! Kinda goes back to what my paw paw said “ some folks will step over a dollar to pick up a dime “” Chattanooga is already a tourism based town and boy will they reap some mighty big benefits from their win !

32 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

That's why I included city government and COC's in my post. Everyone in the community stands to gain in some form from hosting a state championship tournament (or multiple games on multiple days), with lodging and food being foremost. I have no idea how individual potential venues arrive at their respective final bids, but it stands to reason that hosting would be more attractive to local government than simply whether the actual venue turns a profit. 

7 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Spot on as usual sir ! The venue itself  is almost what we in the restaurant industry call a “loss leader” if it can break even on labor and maintence it will certainly gain in consession sales  ! But mana oh man the economic impact as a whole is huge ! Kinda goes back to what my paw paw said “ some folks will step over a dollar to pick up a dime “” Chattanooga is already a tourism based town and boy will they reap some mighty big benefits from their win !

Any Chinese buffet in Chattanooga will be a “loss leader” if me and Pride come visit. Last week I was permanently banned from China House in Milan....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Any Chinese buffet in Chattanooga will be a “loss leader” if me and Pride come visit. Last week I was permanently banned from China House in Milan....

Chef Lin a few miles East on 24 is a good one.  But if you want a restaurant with a plethora of menu items and a load of portions, and a HUGE piece of pie/cake for dessert, then you should definitely try City Cafe downtown just a few miles into downtown from the stadium.  

On 3/31/2021 at 9:35 AM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Chef Lin a few miles East on 24 is a good one.  But if you want a restaurant with a plethora of menu items and a load of portions, and a HUGE piece of pie/cake for dessert, then you should definitely try City Cafe downtown just a few miles into downtown from the stadium.  

City Cafe is one of my spots ! I’m thru that area as well as S Pitt weekly

On 3/31/2021 at 8:35 AM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I have been to City Cafe twice and LOVE it!!

22 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Good. There can be more witnesses this time when Roy chickens out. 

LRDAO.... Big Purple bowel movement you was not to be seen the first time.  Now youve got my brother coy wound up and got him on here. Im the smart one in the family.  You think im joking but im not. 

5 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

LRDAO.... Big Purple bowel movement you was not to be seen the first time.  Now youve got my brother coy wound up and got him on here. Im the smart one in the family.  You think im joking but im not. 

There were witnesses Roy.... And somebody remind me to put Roy’s family on the prayer list at my church.