2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

2 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

That will be a good one and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cascade doesn’t win that region this year.

They showed steady improvement over the last couple of years and always played hard!

I watched them in person scrimmage Eagleville and on NFHS against Moore County. Very physical team with several guys contributing on offense. Only knock is strength of schedule right now. On a side note Forrest travels to Marion County the week before this game while Cascade plays Community. I would not have scheduled MC the week before a big region game. 

Just now, Overland said:

I watched them in person scrimmage Eagleville and on NFHS against Moore County. Very physical team with several guys contributing on offense. Only knock is strength of schedule right now. On a side note Forrest travels to Marion County the week before this game while Cascade plays Community. I would not have scheduled MC the week before a big region game. 

I’m assuming Forrest wasn’t thinking Cascade would be any good and they still may not be ( you referenced their schedule) but I’m not sure Forrest is that good this year either. 

51 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I’m assuming Forrest wasn’t thinking Cascade would be any good and they still may not be ( you referenced their schedule) but I’m not sure Forrest is that good this year either. 

That should be a dandy of a game. Both teams always play each other hard and they both play the same style of football. The fans will definitely get to see a show! 

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

The word parity has been used several times in this thread. Sometimes it equates with mediocrity. We will know what Forrest has after their trip to Marion next week. Still looking for this region to have its first non region quality win in 2021. Cascade's toughest non region game is 10/8 against Joe Byrns. 

21 minutes ago, anchordown10 said:

That should be a dandy of a game. Both teams always play each other hard and they both play the same style of football. The fans will definitely get to see a show! 

Should be a close competitive game with a good atmosphere. Will be a big game if both can pull off another region win this week. 

Back to this week. This is prediction by 6 degrees of kevin bacon, but it's what we have, especially since these two didn't play last year. 

If you look at Loretto Colinwood, Collinwood Summertown, and Loretto Forrest, you could make the case that Forrest could physically beat Summertown pretty soundly.  

I don't think Summertown will get 40 on Forrest like they did on Collinwood. Forrest played their best game in 2 seasons last week. A HUGE knock on the Forrest staff has been consistency from week to week. If they have their kids ready to hit this week like they did last Friday, and focus on not letting #12 beat you, I could see a 28-6  or 31-13 type Forrest win. Bennett has to continue not to force. Let the 4 main backs do what they do best and continue to keep the defense guessing who's getting it and from where. Reminds me a little of the Lewis teams with Denton Webb. He'd fake to 87 diff kids every play. Waverly did that in 2017 too. I AM NOT comparing Forrest to either of those teams. I'm just talking about the offensive play calling.  

Now #12 has always been tough against Forrest. But typically 1 kid won't beat the Rockets.  

Edited by GeneralForrest

20 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

If you look at Loretto Colinwood, Collinwood Summertown, and Loretto Forrest, you could make the case that Forrest could physically beat Summertown pretty soundly.  

I will be surprised if either team wins by more than 14. Both may struggle to get to 14. 

Forrest played their best game in 2 seasons last week. A HUGE knock on the Forrest staff has been consistency from week to week.

This best game was against a bad single A team. I don't think MC will beat Loretto or Collinwood. MC could be looking at a 2-3 win season. I don't think they would beat Community this year. They are bad. Looking back we tend to get some variety on offense in games we are in control against bad teams. The frustration happens in close games, particularly home games,  where we struggle to get plays in on time and stick to trap, sweep, boot, punt. Repeat. Cornersville, Lewis County, and Riverside games come to mind. Summertown 2019 is another. 

Now #12 has always been tough against Forrest. But typically 1 kid won't beat the Rockets.  

He has a few friends on the unapproved website's highlights. #2 has some speed and #24 is solid running, catching, and on defense. Many of these guys as sophomores pushed the 2019 team to the limit but it's also the same group of guys that lost to Community in 2020 and were winless in region games. 

Edited by Salem

1 hour ago, Salem said:

I will be surprised if either team wins by more than 14. Both may struggle to get to 14. 

This best game was against a bad single A team. I don't think MC will beat Loretto or Collinwood. MC could be looking at a 2-3 win season. I don't think they would beat Community this year. They are bad. Looking back we tend to get some variety on offense in games we are in control against bad teams. The frustration happens in close games, particularly home games,  where we struggle to get plays in on time and stick to trap, sweep, boot, punt. Repeat. Cornersville, Lewis County, and Riverside games come to mind. Summertown 2019 is another. 

He has a few friends on the unapproved website's highlights. #2 has some speed and #24 is solid running, catching, and on defense. Many of these guys as sophomores pushed the 2019 team to the limit but it's also the same group guys that lost to Community in 2020 and were winless in region games. 

can't argue with any of this. i guess mine was optimistic and yours is slightly more realistic with a pessimistic flavor. cant dispute any of what u wrote.