Oneida Football

Spike016

33 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

Got spanked but Powell ain’t no slouch

I'd expect that from Powell an experienced bigger program returning some really good starting players from the last couple of years!

Oneida from what little shown looked to throw decently, some good passes with open WRs, 2 TDs but 1 int on there. The WRs looked swift as well as the RB wasn't undersized.

Is the QB #1 last year's larger QB? If so he looked to have lost some weight or maybe that was someone else not him. 

It's good see them working on the pass game.  

46 minutes ago, TheOgre78 said:

I'd expect that from Powell an experienced bigger program returning some really good starting players from the last couple of years!

Oneida from what little shown looked to throw decently, some good passes with open WRs, 2 TDs but 1 int on there. The WRs looked swift as well as the RB wasn't undersized.

Is the QB #1 last year's larger QB? If so he looked to have lost some weight or maybe that was someone else not him. 

It's good see them working on the pass game.  

I hate this new format. I am not getting any notifications on here. What am I doin wrong???

As far as the #1 he saw meaningful reps last year as a freshman but an injury took him out the rest of the season. I see him being the QB and the big bruiser at QB last year to be the RB. We will see what happens but they do have some good skill players and from what I’ve heard a huge line. 

On 7/17/2021 at 12:12 PM, TheOgre78 said:

What does Monterey and York have returning? I know York only won a couple of games each last year. York moving down to 2A might help them having played larger teams "possibly" if they have experience returning. Monterey I have no clue about them, but last year their 2020 record of 9 wins, 1 a cov win.

As far as Rockwood they always come to play no matter the amount of returning starters and etc especially against Oneida. Like someone stated previously they sometimes win when most think Oneida should have the better team. #15 for them at RB if he's still at there(think he was a sophomore in 2020) was a key player.

I guess the key is what Oneida has now and how the new staff uses them like you stated, if they change up anything and etc. As usual I hope they start throwing the ball more, I think the 1 dimensional run strategy has definitely ran(no pun intended) it's course especially if they are to make more than 1 round into the playoffs.

Fri Aug. 20 5:30 PM icon-game12.gif Williamsburg (KY) N
Cumberland Falls Bowl at Corbin High School, Corbin, KY

Fri Aug. 27 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Greenback

Fri Sep. 3 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif at Wartburg 

Fri Sep. 10 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Oliver Springs

Fri Sep. 17 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at York Institute R

Fri Sep. 24 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Northview Academy

Fri Oct. 1 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Rockwood R

Fri Oct. 15 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Monterey R

Fri Oct. 22 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif at Sequoyah (4A but no wins in 2020 and lost big to Sweetwater)

Fri Oct. 29 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Coalfield

York returns a lot especially in key skill positions. Also 2020 was the first year for their HC and in a Covid year to boot. By the end of the season they were a different team. With a full year and a more “normal” off season I see his offense taking some big steps. I don’t know a lot about Monterey other than they like to sling the ball around. Personally I don’t expect them to make much noise but some folks that I respect the opinion of do think they could challenge for the region so I keep them in the back of my mind just because of that. As for Oneida and rockwood, well I guess we’ll have to see how they each respond. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crow said:

York returns a lot especially in key skill positions. Also 2020 was the first year for their HC and in a Covid year to boot. By the end of the season they were a different team. With a full year and a more “normal” off season I see his offense taking some big steps. I don’t know a lot about Monterey other than they like to sling the ball around. Personally I don’t expect them to make much noise but some folks that I respect the opinion of do think they could challenge for the region so I keep them in the back of my mind just because of that. As for Oneida and rockwood, well I guess we’ll have to see how they each respond. 

IDK anything about Monterey, looked at some vids on Max P from 2020, they looked like a decent team athletically and size from what I could tell but the vids were badly edited play to play, guess it depends what they return and how they fair with different opponents like everyone.

Great info! Keep it coming if you get more please. :)