REGION 7 5A

LEON

New region with mostly teams that have played one another in the past. Henry County should be atop this region, as for the second spot I think it will be between Springfield and Northeast ,these two open region play against one another and this should be the winner inside track to the two spot or better. I know the Jackets lost some key players on offense , but have many up and coming players. As for the rest I see Kenwood and Portland for the fourth spot and Northwest at the bottom. My way to early predictions just hoping to have a normal season this time around instead of issues everyone had to deal with the pandemic. Let’s here what others think on how the region will pan out.

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LEON said:

New region with mostly teams that have played one another in the past. Henry County should be atop this region, as for the second spot I think it will be between Springfield and Northeast ,these two open region play against one another and this should be the winner inside track to the two spot or better. I know the Jackets lost some key players on offense , but have many up and coming players. As for the rest I see Kenwood and Portland for the fourth spot and Northwest at the bottom. My way to early predictions just hoping to have a normal season this time around instead of issues everyone had to deal with the pandemic. Let’s here what others think on how the region will pan out.

I definitely think the top spot will come down to HC/Springfield. I'm not real familiar with what all Springfield has as far as returning players and what not. Just judging by their past few seasons I would say if we was slacking that particular night they may could pull it off. So the top spot for me is a toss up (even though I like our chances.) Northeast will clearly be the #3. I don't see NE beating Springfield or HC but should take care of the rest of the region. The 4th spot for me is also a toss up between Portland and Kenwood. So all that said to basically say the same thing you did. :lol:

On 6/12/2021 at 3:41 PM, BigRed88 said:

I definitely think the top spot will come down to HC/Springfield. I'm not real familiar with what all Springfield has as far as returning players and what not. Just judging by their past few seasons I would say if we was slacking that particular night they may could pull it off. So the top spot for me is a toss up (even though I like our chances.) Northeast will clearly be the #3. I don't see NE beating Springfield or HC but should take care of the rest of the region. The 4th spot for me is also a toss up between Portland and Kenwood. So all that said to basically say the same thing you did. :lol:

Springfield has a new OC. Former HC at Mount Pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bigdawgtn said:

springfield has a few key injuries early. One is not serious and one of our starting lineman has been out but should be back by week 1 or 2. The other is up in the air and is a major offensive contributor that was injured in the last scrimmage

Gonna need him this season

On 6/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, PPride said:

I'm just hoping for a good season from the Panthers. Gotta get used to being in Region 7. Too many years in 4 or 5. This will take some getting used to. :rolleyes:  B)

I honestly feel for you guys. The travel is going to be ridiculous. 

I'm not too familiar with the history of Portland Panther football, but given your location, I have to assume you've been in a Nashville/Midstate region for most of your history. Compare that to now where you're in the same region with a school that's 118 miles away (Henry County) and some Clarksville schools, plus being paired up with a Memphis region in the playoffs. I can't imagine that went over well with your AD. 

I've never been on board with the "too many classes" talk (as 6 classes has greatly benefited us), but yall's situation definitely gives me pause. 

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

I honestly feel for you guys. The travel is going to be ridiculous. 

I'm not too familiar with the history of Portland Panther football, but given your location, I have to assume you've been in a Nashville/Midstate region for most of your history. Compare that to now where you're in the same region with a school that's 118 miles away (Henry County) and some Clarksville schools, plus being paired up with a Memphis region in the playoffs. I can't imagine that went over well with your AD. 

I've never been on board with the "too many classes" talk (as 6 classes has greatly benefited us), but yall's situation definitely gives me pause. 

We (Springfield High) were in the same Region with Portland until the reclassification.  There were 6 of us in the region within a 35 mile drive or less from Springfield.  It really made the games more enjoyable.