2021 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

Hickman County beats Harpeth tonight 3-2 (19-25, 25-19, 14-25, 25-15, 13-15) and seals the #1 seed for the District 10A tourney. It was a crazy game all the way til the end with a tournament-like atmosphere. There were unfortunately injuries on both sides. (Middle/setter for HC and Libero for Harpeth.) I think both will be okay & be able to return soon. The ref was TERRIBLE. Both teams benefited and then got subsequently dinged. For the second year in a row Hickman Co wins both regular season matchups. Last year Harpeth was able to pull out the wins in District and Region tourney in close matches. I’m sure they will be wars again this year!

Edited by Rockstar89

Got to see Sale Creek this weekend. They were 3rd in state last year and runner ups in 2019. They make it to state almost every year it seems. They played Harpeth who was missing their outside hitter to illness and lost Only setter early in set one with a bump to the head that had her out the rest of the match. Sale Creek wins 2-1 (19-25, 25-23, 13-15). At full strength Harpeth wins this match easily, but Sale Creek is a pretty good team that will surely end up at state again this year. 

5 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Camden Sale Creek So Green Hickman Co Harpeth Watertown Loretto  all should have good shot at getting to State but can’t be # 1 till beat # 1 and we all know who that is 

And apparantly Jo Byrns which I hear beat Camden 3-0 last week. Problem is that only 2 off those will get in because they are all in the same district/region. Restructuring needed for sure if you want the best 8 teams in the tourney. 

Edited by Rockstar89

1 minute ago, Rockstar89 said:

Don’t forget Camden. And Jo Byrns which I hear beat them last week. Problem is that only 2 off those will get in because they are all in the same district/region. Restructuring needed for sure if you want the beat 8 teams in the tourney. 

Good luck w TSSAA on restructuring anything that’s reasonable 

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Good luck w TSSAA on restructuring anything that’s reasonable 

True. They will continue to send west TN, Memphis City schools to the tourney with underhand servers while top five teams in state sit at home. But it’s not just us, it happens all over. There have been good teams in 3A that because of stacked Wilco district/region and etc never got a shot either. 

14 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

True. They will continue to send west TN, Memphis City schools to the tourney with underhand servers while top five teams in state sit at home. But it’s not just us, it happens all over. There have been good teams in 3A that because of stacked Wilco district/region and etc never got a shot either. 

I've seen teams at state that wouldn't finish top 4 in many districts in middle TN.  It really is a shame.  I think there should be more movement once regions hit and especially during the substate rounds.  There are teams sitting at home that could contend for a state title but just happen to run into a big time team.  It really is sad for those girls