GreenEville 4a @ Knoxville Central 5a 2021

Romansfive8

3 minutes ago, barb said:

soooo it's ok to hold on to the facemask and throw a punch?

I'm watching from home, saw the replay 2 or 3 times. The offensive lineman had the facemask of the d-lineman. There was no punch thrown. I do think the Central player attempted to get the Greeneville player disengaged after the whistle, but come on, that's not worthy of an ejection. 

Edited by osunut2

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm watching from home, saw the replay 2 or 3 times. The offensive lineman had the facemask of the d-lineman. There was no punch thrown. I do think the Central player attempted to get the Greeneville player disengaged after the whistle, but come on, that's not worthy of an ejection. 

unfortunately, the official does not have the luxury of watching it 3 times. I saw it in real time and thought there was a punch.

1 minute ago, barb said:

unfortunately, the official does not have the luxury of watching it 3 times. I saw it in real time and thought there was a punch.

That was a terrible call against Central, but at the same time they have about 100 yards in legitimate penalties.... very sloppy, you can't do that against the GREENE

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

That was a terrible call against Central, but at the same time they have about 100 yards in legitimate penalties.... very sloppy, you can't do that against the GREENE

Yup. I think this year is where you see the Bobcats really start to miss Bryson Rosser. Outside of Siaway, Central is pretty slim on playmakers.

Edited by osunut2

Just now, osunut2 said:

Agree, HS officials don't have that luxury. Which is why it better be pretty blatant if you're going to toss a kid.

I have never put on the stripes and run the field so I cannot make that call. With the current shortage of HS officials, I refuse to question whether a call "should" be made. I respect that they give their time to show up and make the call and so should everyone who supports the HS game

8 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Yup. I think this year is where you see the Bobcats really start to miss Bryson Rosser. Outside of Siaway, Central is pretty slim on playmakers.

spot on. the whole rely on 1 guy method led them to 10-3 last year and a 3rd round appearance which I think is the ceiling for this team in 2021 as well. 

2 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Long first half, A little shaky in places,but I'll take it. A can see with some adjustments here or there,this offense being really good for the Devils.

I think it's crazy that we have a Quillen, Dabbs, and Gillespie on the roster...feels like 2001 all over again

• Upvote 1