GreenEville 4a @ Knoxville Central 5a 2021

Romansfive8

20 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep. Perhaps some Central board types need to stop pointing fingers at other schools for being undisciplined on the field. 

Just saying. 

Says the guy who wants to dish it out and be a know it all. But then can’t take it on the flip side. Keep hiding behind your “mute” button old man.

7 minutes ago, barb said:

Wow...you wouldn't be watching this game on TV without Mark Packer's production company. 

His production company does a really good job. Several of them are good friends of mine.  

I was in broadcasting for a long time.  My opinions are my own. 

Edited by HTV

Just now, barb said:

I have some business dealings with him...he is such a nice person and dedicated to his craft

Agree to disagree.  

He misses complete plays and he isn't prepared when he goes on the air.  It's really not hard to figure out if you watch the game and listen to his reactions. 

And he terrific at selling sponsorships and putting the broadcasts together. He just needs to set ego aside and bring in an actual play by play guy. 

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Agree to disagree.  

He misses complete plays and he isn't prepared when he goes on the air.  It's really not hard to figure out if you watch the game and listen to his reactions. 

And he terrific at selling sponsorships and putting the broadcasts together. He just needs to set ego aside and bring in an actual play by play guy. 

That is costly...I might like to see him take on some studen broadcaster from UT though.

18 minutes ago, barb said:

Wow...you wouldn't be watching this game on TV without Mark Packer's production company. 

I think everyone recognizes that, and I am grateful that he's willing to do it. There is obviously a lot more to what he does than just the play-by-play. Mark is a nice guy, but it can be painful listening to his broadcasts. There are times when it feels like he either 1) hasn't prepared for the on-field product or 2) is half-paying attention to what is actually happening on the field. And I'm saying this as someone who has been involved in both high school and college football broadcasts over the years.

Believe it or not, someone can be a great person and terrible at their job (as a commentator in this case). I would love to see Mark just focus on the production side and bring in a quality play-by-play voice.

Edited by osunut2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I think everyone recognizes that, and I am grateful that he's willing to do it. There is obviously a lot more to what he does than just the play-by-play. Mark is a nice guy, but it can be painful listening to his broadcasts. There are times when it feels like he either 1) hasn't prepared for the on-field product or 2) is half-paying attention to what is actually happening on the field. And I'm saying this as someone who has been involved in both high school and college football broadcasts over the years.

Believe it or not, someone can be a great person and terrible at their job (as a commentator in this case). I would love to see Mark just focus on the production side and bring in a quality play-by-play voice.

Petzactly.