Dobyn’s Bennett 6a @ Tennessee High 5a 2021

Romansfive8

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You sir are 100% correct about the youth leagues. And that is the first thing a "good" coaching staff does. They set up the youth leagues to prepare them for high school. The youth league coaching in the Tri-Cities is embarrassing. Always has been.

I've never seen a truly great high school program yet that didn't have a great youth league. 

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

Low scoring game. Indians field a very inexperienced team and no QB with game experience or RB's for that matter.

50 rushes by DB and may 10 passed total. 

DB wins 27-14 

That will put a lot of heat on the big boys up front for DB.I hope they have a few more pass plays then that to get the QB and passing game going.Well coached  teams will load the box like crazy.

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You DB guys are worrying too much, Tenn High has only won something like once or twice in the last 20 years I think?

Every year is a new year. Any team with a good line, a decent quarterback and a couple of guys that can catch will beat DB this year.  I don't know if that's Tennessee High. Haven't heard one thing about them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Every year is a new year. Any team with a good line, a decent quarterback and a couple of guys that can catch will beat DB this year.  I don't know if that's Tennessee High. Haven't heard one thing about them.

The only thing I've heard about THS is that they struggled somewhat against a Gate City team that is shockingly low (27-30) on numbers this year. Could be that GC is better than anticipated or that you simply can't take always take away a lot from scrimmages.

I'll go with D-B 31-14, but yeah, the defense is a big concern from what I saw in 2 scrimmages. The offense has potential, but they also threw 4 picks in those 2 outings. A shaky defense and turnovers is a really bad combination. 

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

The only thing I've heard about THS is that they struggled somewhat against a Gate City team that is shockingly low (27-30) on numbers this year. Could be that GC is better than anticipated or that you simply can't take always take away a lot from scrimmages.

I'll go with D-B 31-14, but yeah, the defense is a big concern from what I saw in 2 scrimmages. The offense has potential, but they also threw 4 picks in those 2 outings. A shaky defense and turnovers is a really bad combination. 

Yeah and don't forget the near 100 yards in penalties per game that are baked into the cake. 

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

The Carson Jenkins kid at Gate City torched THS defense, yes it was just a scrimmage but Gate City only won like 5 games in 4yrs THS shouldn't have let GC get the better of them. The QB is much improved for the Vikings just because who his dad is so the kid resources is endless. #3 is a speedster and I believe THS is running the spread this season where their line is small so on an attempt to keep the QB at of harm way. The stud receiver from last year is gone he has been moved to linebacker at Va Tech.

Lord botetourt getting the better of Db they shouldn't hang their heads, Botetourt would get the best of alot of teams in tn, the last 2 seasons botetourt were runners up in Va and they have a few state championships to go along I just don't know what years.

Of course Db isn't the same team as last season having to replace so many starters but this isn't the game where they'll be challenged 

DB 42-7

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Has the penalties/discipline/etc. improved any under Christian?

No, But in my opinion the coaches at the high school level shouldn't have to put a lot of time and effort teaching players the rules and fundamentals  of the game. That's the job of little league and middle school coaches.  And we've beat that dead horse to death. 

• Like 1

I’m so excited for high school football to be back. I have heard we have some talented young kids that will be making plays for us this year, just super inexperienced and the only way to fix that is game reps. Hopefully we fix issues in the secondary(I know it’s a stretch & WaCo will definitely come yelling at me about) and a QB who we can rely on to have a good year this year. The schedule is set up for success. TN High lost their best players it seems and so did we, so I believe it will be an interesting game that DB gets the nod thanks to depth in the 4th quarter, DB 35-21

roll tribe