Dobyn’s Bennett 6a @ Tennessee High 5a 2021

Romansfive8

I've never known a DB staff to ever get concerned about a score in a scrimmage. They always use scrimmages to try different things and evaluate players in different positions etc. I think most staffs are like that. A few are not. As fans we always want our team to "win"  a scrimmage 7 tds. to none. The team that "wins" a scrimmage is the team that learns the most in said scrimmage. DB has a young team. They have a lot to learn. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I've never known a DB staff to ever get concerned about a score in a scrimmage. They always use scrimmages to try different things and evaluate players in different positions etc. I think most staffs are like that. A few are not. As fans we always want our team to "win"  a scrimmage 7 tds. to none. The team that "wins" a scrimmage is the team that learns the most in said scrimmage. DB has a young team. They have a lot to learn. 

Yes, very young. They looked exactly like you'd expect a team replacing that many starters to look. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well said.

12 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I could care less about scores when it comes to a scrimmage. Just wanted someone who was there to give some thoughts on what they saw out of Central. But that's fine.

Central is very talented.  25 in the backfield is a handful.  QB had a very good handle on the offense.  Seemed to be at mid season form getting all play calls from the sideline at the first scrimmage.  QB read it well and threw it well.  Seriously  accurate in the short passing game, not bad deep, but really on point hitting kids in stride on the swing routes and bubbles.  Very athletic at the skill positions.  Defensively,  3 is much man and a real disruptive presence up front.  11 at LB is good as well.  Everyone they play will have to scheme those 2 guys.  Defensive backfield is athletic.  Looks to be a solid group. Well coached and a good motor.  Can’t really say anything weak about the Bobcats.  

We are young and needed to “compete” in the face of some dudes.  Central brought a good solid football team and I felt like our kids competed.  It was a good solid fun night!  Looking forward to getting a chance to compete and get better at Anderson Co Friday night. Excited to see that megaton! 

On 7/31/2021 at 6:01 PM, olhickory said:

The Tribe travels to Anderson County Friday, I am already chomping at the bit to watch it.  It will be the first meeting of these two teams that I know of.  Anderson County's Offense is their strength, but as I watched practice this week, I saw the defense fly around and bring a lot of energy.  I counted almost 90 players out for the Mavs Thursday night, so the depth shouldn't be an issue with a 6A DB team.  I know the Mavericks are looking forward to having a BIG crowd at the game, and they will be debuting their new Megatron.  I am told they have a 20 foot tall Longhorn being made for the top and that it will be piped with the smoke and led lighting system to light it up .  DB fans , take I75 north to exit 122, and exit left.  We will look forward to seeing you Friday. 

I be leery of putting too much money into that longhorn sign. I’m surprised that Texas hasn’t found them like they did Johnson County. Maybe Texas only did a word search and not an image search. AC has fancy lights, fancy fireworks and now the big video board right across from the stands. It’s a nice place.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 11:44 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I think the last time Tennessee High beat DB the guy calling the game on the Bristol radio station cried like a baby. I think he announced a gender change shortly after that. 

:lol: Better be careful with statements like this @WaCoJaCo VoiceOfTheVikings Twitter may block you like they did me for being a bully.  

On 7/29/2021 at 11:44 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I think the last time Tennessee High beat DB the guy calling the game on the Bristol radio station cried like a baby. I think he announced a gender change shortly after that. 

Waco ewe wooda liked two haiv hurd thait.....Eye'll nevur forgit ole Clark tawlkin' abowt ewe on tha TV.....Klassic.....Good luck two ewe'uns upp thair....Maybee Mairvul weal luck upp and winn a gaim ere two and eeek inn two tha playofts wif a 4 seed ere sumthin and weal git two play ewe'uns agin....:popcorneater:

55 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Waco ewe wooda liked two haiv hurd thait.....Eye'll nevur forgit ole Clark tawlkin' abowt ewe on tha TV.....Klassic.....Good luck two ewe'uns upp thair....Maybee Mairvul weal luck upp and winn a gaim ere two and eeek inn two tha playofts wif a 4 seed ere sumthin and weal git two play ewe'uns agin....:popcorneater:

I never did Christmas gift or birthday card from ole Clark.