DRESDEN & WESTVIEW, Wk.1 (THU.12@7:30@UTM)

HevyReturns

6 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

What was the deal with the McKenzie scrimmage? I was surprised of how many points the rebels put up on the chargers.

Westview didn't look ready to play. I believe Westview scored every possession except 1. The O line played pretty well but the Qb got sacked sometime in the first quarter and apparently the coach said he was off limits. So after that he got pressured a couple more times so he took of to run the ball and the referee would blow the play dead and one of those times it was 4th down so Westview turned it over on downs and the Qb was frustrated that referee blowed whistle so he threw the ball on the ground and was flaged 15 yards so that gave Mckenzie short field and I believe they scored on that drive. Westview's backup kicker kicked off after one of our scores and kicked it straight to #7 of Mckenzie and thats never a good idea. He ran it all the way back. Final for Varsity was 27-18 Westview. I think out of our 3 scrimmages Westview didn't play as well as they did in their first two and I think Mckenzie played really well. My opinion in a regular game Westview would win 2-4 scores. Westview dropped alot of balls but the balls we did catch Mckenzie's defenders were on them. I think they guarded our receivers alot better than Milan did. We seemed to be able to pickup the first down all night by running the ball but no long runs for us. I saw Mckenzie play last year and I think they are alot better this year and they hard. If their pass game improves i believe Trenton might have a fight on their hands come the playoffs. 

On 8/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, Tide21 said:

That’s a good question I’m wondering if they are go try to get everyone to play flag football with him this year 

It’ll be a regular game that Westview OL gotta block better it’s mandatory. With that old coach back and how big he was on line play they should be better. That was Westview biggest problem on both sides of the ball

Westview wins this game simply because they are the better team and have more horses in the stable. This game probably won't live up to some of the rivalry games of the past between these two, but Dresden will for sure show up ready to take their best shot at the Chargers. I'm like everyone else, interested to see how the O line and defense has improved. This is a scary team with those 2 things fixed. :thumb:

4 hours ago, SuperBowlKid1489 said:

Westview wins this game simply because they are the better team and have more horses in the stable. This game probably won't live up to some of the rivalry games of the past between these two, but Dresden will for sure show up ready to take their best shot at the Chargers. I'm like everyone else, interested to see how the O line and defense has improved. This is a scary team with those 2 things fixed. :thumb:

My point exactly and with coach coady back line play and defense was his bread and butter. Kids loved coach coady and they played hard for him. With a 5 star QB at the helm they will be a problem