Farragut travel to Beech

eers

This will be the least experienced team I have seen coming into the season at Farragut in some time.  Farragut was a senior dominated team in 2020. In addition, two key contributors as juniors from 2020, Collins (state decathlon champion) and Cosey, will not be playing football at Farragut in 2021; they will most assuredly be missed. There will be quite a few new faces on the field for the Admirals, including several sophomores, that will have to step up in a hurry - particularly with such a difficult schedule. 

It will be interesting to see the growth of this Farragut team as the season progresses. 

Edited by Former44
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Former44 said:

This will be the least experienced team I have seen coming into the season at Farragut in some time.  Farragut was a senior dominated team in 2020. In addition, two key contributors as juniors from 2020, Collins (state decathlon champion) and Cosey, will not be playing football at Farragut in 2021; they will most assuredly be missed. There will be quite a few new faces on the field for the Admirals, including several sophomores, that will have to step up in a hurry - particularly with such a difficult schedule. 

It will be interesting to see the growth of this Farragut team as the season progresses. 

Agree with this. I think they probably will grow and develop as a team over the season. There is some talent I am excited about at DL, RB and WR. And our QB and kicker/punter are certainly bright spots. 

On 8/15/2021 at 4:38 PM, Bluegreymom said:

Hey Eers! Farragut is generally a pretty good team. Not sure how this season will go for us, definitely some things we need to work on. If I had to guess, I would say it may not be one of our better seasons, but I’m hopeful that I’ll be proven wrong.  Our QB is pretty good and we have some talented receivers and running backs. Some good D linemen too. Kick/punt game is solid. I kinda feel like for us, it comes down to what that O like is gonna do and how well our secondary defends the pass game. Those areas have been a challenge in the pre season. 

Of course Beech times it just right… lol

As an OR fan, I would be remiss if I'm not glad to hear that the Admirals could be down a little bit this year haha. I'm not getting my hopes up too much though, considering they have owned us the past 12 years or so. Hate to admit though that Former44 is one of my favorite posters on this site, bar none. Very knowledgeable about the game of football, and the quintessential gentleman. Always enjoy reading your posts, my friend. I wish you and BlueGreyMom the best, until y'all play the Cats, of course. Ha.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Of course Beech times it just right… lol

Kind of like MJ playing Warren County this year.  They made their first playoff in forever last year with a senior dominated lineup and have been blown out of every scrimmage this year.  Amazing how MJ doesn’t play anybody from RUCO or WILCO in the regular season.  Hville plays a really tough schedule, Beech plays a really tough schedule, Gallatin plays a tough schedule, MJ plays a cream puff schedule.  MJ’s toughest game of the season is this Friday night.  After Gallatin if the bus doesn’t break down they run the table.  

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

Kind of like MJ playing Warren County this year.  They made their first playoff in forever last year with a senior dominated lineup and have been blown out of every scrimmage this year.  Amazing how MJ doesn’t play anybody from RUCO or WILCO in the regular season.  Hville plays a really tough schedule, Beech plays a really tough schedule, Gallatin plays a tough schedule, MJ plays a cream puff schedule.  MJ’s toughest game of the season is this Friday night.  After Gallatin if the bus doesn’t break down they run the table.  

Hillsboro could be a tough out… we’ll have a better idea of that in a couple weeks, but man, that is a pretty soft schedule. 

To all of our new Faragut friends, make sure to check out our food venue.

Pork loin sandwiches, 1/3 lb cheeseburgers, Nathan’s large hot dogs, chicken tenders,  French fries to get you started.

Wash it down with a 32oz sweet tea, fresh squeezed lemonade, or an Arnold Palmer,

For your sweet tooth try Grandmama Hitts fried pies with a big ole scoop of ice cream, a funnel cake, or some cotton candy,

We always have the fun stuff, a big ole large Nacho and cheese with chili and all the jalapeños you want, popcorn, candy and so much more.

Regardless of how the game goes, we just want to see a smile on your face.

Tell em Ole Bucky sent you!!!

• Like 2