Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

2 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It's simple for me. If Westview holds Peabody into the 20's, I think they have a very good shot at winning.

What's going to be interesting is the field position. Peabody's kicker struggled to get kickoffs deep. Seemed like every time Milan received the kickoff, they would get the ball to about the 35 yard line. If Westview has the ball at the midfield area, Simpson has the arm strength to get the ball in the end zone. I do believe Peabody will come out on top, but Westview needs to use the whole 53 yards of the field.

The kicker can hit the 5. They just do that as a game plan so we don’t have run backs like milan did with us.

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:

The kicker can hit the 5. They just do that as a game plan so we don’t have run backs like milan did with us.

I did not understand that logic either.  We gave Milan a short field too many times.  I thought we would kick it over their heads after the penalty.  Later he kicked it in the endzone.  If he kicks it out of bounds we at the least start at the 35 yard line.

If Driggers comes out and plays with some smarts and confidence, we will see two good qbs Friday.  Just let the boy eat.  We have the best wide-out in the state or maybe just West Tn.  Please use him.  He could have beaten Brown all night, but the line has to give him time.  I have the upmost confidence in our coaching staff.  They will work out the problem areas this week.  Cover those receivers and apply pressure every down.  I think Westview will try and screen play us.  They will throw the out, and the out and up on the pump fake.  Just you wait and see.  I will predict the score Thursday.

Peabody uses “sky kicks”, directional kicks , squibs, you name it. The one time the kicker kicked it down the middle it landed inside the 5 and rolled into the end zone. The two really short kicks were squibs that hit the up guy….it just happens sometimes…there was no way in heck Milan was going to get a returnable ball.

See what happened to Milan when they let Peabody return a kick…. Special teams won that game.

Edited by RHS82
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wediditagain said:

I did not understand that logic either.  We gave Milan a short field too many times.  I thought we would kick it over their heads after the penalty.  Later he kicked it in the endzone.  If he kicks it out of bounds we at the least start at the 35 yard line.

If Driggers comes out and plays with some smarts and confidence, we will see two good qbs Friday.  Just let the boy eat.  We have the best wide-out in the state or maybe just West Tn.  Please use him.  He could have beaten Brown all night, but the line has to give him time.  I have the upmost confidence in our coaching staff.  They will work out the problem areas this week.  Cover those receivers and apply pressure every down.  I think Westview will try and screen play us.  They will throw the out, and the out and up on the pump fake.  Just you wait and see.  I will predict the score Thursday.

I feel like this game will turn into a shootout. 

3 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Yeah but the kickoff to begin the second half was a dumb decision to me. Milan gave y’all an advantage by kicking it at their 45 yard line, and Peabody didn’t take care of the advantage by doing an onside kick. That’s all.

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Yeah but the kickoff to begin the second half was a dumb decision to me. Milan gave y’all an advantage by kicking it at their 45 yard line, and Peabody didn’t take care of the advantage by doing an onside kick. That’s all.

Dude in the center did an awesome heads up play. That was supposed to go back around the 20 as a squib kick and he just snatched it before it went past him. The coach, I noticed, was a bit upset as well because the kicker didn’t get a good connection to the ball to get it moving.

10 hours ago, RHS82 said:

Peabody uses “sky kicks”, directional kicks , squibs, you name it. The one time the kicker kicked it down the middle it landed inside the 5 and rolled into the end zone. The two really short kicks were squibs that hit the up guy….it just happens sometimes…there was no way in heck Milan was going to get a returnable ball.

See what happened to Milan when they let Peabody return a kick…. Special teams won that game.

Peabody scored over 100 points on defense and special teams last year.

Early guess at this game, and yes I said guess ! Really no way to judge other than common opponents last year and the first game footage! Westview abused a very non athletic Dresden team ! Not saying Dresden won’t improve but there was 0 speed on the field that I watched in recap film,will Bama Boy get his completions ? ABSOLUTELY!! Westview will in nonway shape or form have a answer for the physicality they are about to compete against! I say Mr Football runs for 200 in this one which will give him almost 400 in 2 games and all purpose yards will be over 400! I think the difference maker will be Westviews ability to run the ball at least some against the Tide ! No picks from driggers for the Tide is crucial,you cannot give this Stud QB a extra touch on Offense at all!!!!!

Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 49

Westview Ty Simpsons  28

8 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Early guess at this game, and yes I said guess ! Really no way to judge other than common opponents last year and the first game footage! Westview abused a very non athletic Dresden team ! Not saying Dresden won’t improve but there was 0 speed on the field that I watched in recap film,will Bama Boy get his completions ? ABSOLUTELY!! Westview will in nonway shape or form have a answer for the physicality they are about to compete against! I say Mr Football runs for 200 in this one which will give him almost 400 in 2 games and all purpose yards will be over 400! I think the difference maker will be Westviews ability to run the ball at least some against the Tide ! No picks from driggers for the Tide is crucial,you cannot give this Stud QB a extra touch on Offense at all!!!!!

Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 49

Westview Ty Simpsons  28

Sounds fair, Westview is in my opinion the best offense Peabody will see all regular season. But defense wins championships and Westview line and defense has their guru back in coach coady. Martin will hang in there but Trenton pulls it out late.

6 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Sounds fair, Westview is in my opinion the best offense Peabody will see all regular season. But defense wins championships and Westview line and defense has their guru back in coach coady. Martin will hang in there but Trenton pulls it out late.

I honestly think if coach Coady had more time back I could see this as a pick em !!