Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

35 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Buddy if that happens, go ahead and give the gold ball in 2A to Westview, there is not a team in 2A this year that could beat Peabody by 21 

That guy does that every year and usually does it in a bunch of threads and never responds as to why he thinks one way or the other 

14 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

You are probably right 

Westview got beat last year by Covington 47-0 or so and had 75 total yards offense. I am not buying the Westview Kool Aid. If I am Peabody I bring a lot of pressure. Milan is a better football team than Westview, IMO. Peabody’s physicality will bother Westview, IMO.

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview got beat last year by Covington 47-0 or so and had 75 total yards offense. I am not buying the Westview Kool Aid. If I am Peabody I bring a lot of pressure. Milan is a better football team than Westview, IMO. Peabody physicality will bother Westview, IMO.

You have a lot of people hanging their hats on “scrimmages” this year ! As you all might have notice The Tide showed up a bit different game 1 than the scrimmages ! Diffee showed nothing as well ! Our rivalry means a lot and neither staff showed their cards !

Regardless of the outcome of this game, in all honesty Westview may be a shoe in to get to the state champ game this year.  I mean, who is going to compete with them out of the west in 2A?  The 3 time champ (Peabody) is in single A this year and the only team that competed with them (McKenzie) is in 1A too.  Maybe Huntington or UC? And Huntingdon lost pretty easily to McKenzie last week it sounded like

33 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

Regardless of the outcome of this game, in all honesty Westview may be a shoe in to get to the state champ game this year.  I mean, who is going to compete with them out of the west in 2A?  The 3 time champ (Peabody) is in single A this year and the only team that competed with them (McKenzie) is in 1A too.  Maybe Huntington or UC? And Huntingdon lost pretty easily to McKenzie last week it sounded like

Westview alumni, I have ties to both cities so it’s hard to pick a side. I want Westview to win but I don’t think they will but I don’t think they will lose by much either. Trenton is gonna show them what it takes physically and mentally to get a gold ball. So I want to see how Westview plays this game and everything after. They are better than last season since coach coady is back and that big time quarterback has a younger brother coming that I fear may be more dangerous than ty 

59 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

Stangs will get burnBy Westview!ed By Westview!

It's simple for me. If Westview holds Peabody into the 20's, I think they have a very good shot at winning.

What's going to be interesting is the field position. Peabody's kicker struggled to get kickoffs deep. Seemed like every time Milan received the kickoff, they would get the ball to about the 35 yard line. If Westview has the ball at the midfield area, Simpson has the arm strength to get the ball in the end zone. I do believe Peabody will come out on top, but Westview needs to use the whole 53 yards of the field.

22 minutes ago, toinemac said:

Can Westview keep Ty upright to make plays? Can they run the ball well enough to keep Shepard and Baskerville from teeing on on the QB. If they can it will be a game. It won't surprise me if both teams score more than 40 in this game.

They will not run up the gut of Peabody, if their back is fast and can get the edge we are young in some positions so he might get some yards !

Edited by PeabodyPride