Westview travel to The Golden Tide

PeabodyPride

47 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Several people on these boards have talked about Dresden being good this year. They are below average. No disrespect intended but they ain’t there yet. 

Dresden is better than they have been in the past couple years but in no way am I saying Westview has a chance against Trenton because the way they beat Dresden. I dont think Dresden is no where like Trenton. I do know Westview's Varsity beat Milan. I dont care what you say. Westview's 1's playing against Milan's 2's. That's a bunch of crap. The 1st and 2nd quarter Westview subed lineman after lineman and receiver after receiver. Your team got beat plain and simple and your jv got beat worse. Maybe Milan didn't play their best maybe they did. But Milan still lost. Milan needs to win a game!

3 minutes ago, GOCHARGERS said:

Dresden is better than they have been in the past couple years but in no way am I saying Westview has a chance against Trenton because the way they beat Dresden. I dont think Dresden is no where like Trenton. I do know Westview's Varsity beat Milan. I dont care what you say. Westview's 1's playing against Milan's 2's. That's a bunch of crap. The 1st and 2nd quarter Westview subed lineman after lineman and receiver after receiver. Your team got beat plain and simple and your jv got beat worse. Maybe Milan didn't play their best maybe they did. But Milan still lost. Milan needs to win a game!

I stood on the sideline the entire scrimmage. When Milan went up 20-13 the coaches yelled 2’s. From that point forward no Milan starter touched the field. Westview looked good in the scrimmage. Congratulations. Best of luck to you guys moving forward. 

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I stood on the sideline the entire scrimmage. When Milan went up 20-13 the coaches yelled 2’s. From that point forward no Milan starter touched the field. Westview looked good in the scrimmage. Congratulations. Best of luck to you guys moving forward. 

Thank you. And if I'm wrong I apologize but I just assumed #1 for Milan was a starter. Maybe Milan has more than one. Good luck to Milan this area is always better when Milan's a top program. I've went and watched many of their games in the past. I just like watching good games.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, wes88 said:

I don't expect WV to win but would like to see them be competitive especially along the O and D lines. This has been their Achilles heel the last couple of years.

This is the key, the team Westview has now if their line play is good on both sides they are a serious problem, they may have their mojo back with the coach

1 hour ago, VolMarine1371 said:

Peabody could win state in any of the classification from 1A-3A and would compete for 4A title.  Peabody has won 4 of the last 7 state championships and haven’t lost a game since like September. Along the way they have beaten teams from 1A-5A including defending champions of pervious years. So till Peabody is beaten they will continue to he the heavy favorite for ALL there games they play. 

No disrespect to Trenton. They probably would keep it close maybe but they would not win state in 3A.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, VolMarine1371 said:

Milan bulldogs prolly think differently. 

Milan would not win state if we were in 3A either. Just being real. We can all agree that Trenton is on different level than most all teams if not all. Not that they can’t be beat. But Alcoa is entirely on a different level. Now could Trenton do the same as Covington and give them a good game. Yes. However Alcoa has a passing game now to go with everything they have every year which puts them on a different level than when they played Covington. It is what it is. Maybe I’m biased because they beat us so many times but I bet a lot of people on here would agree if being honest.

7 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Milan would not win state if we were in 3A either. Just being real. We can all agree that Trenton is on different level than most all teams if not all. Not that they can’t be beat. But Alcoa is entirely on a different level. Now could Trenton do the same as Covington and give them a good game. Yes. However Alcoa has a passing game now to go with everything they have every year which puts them on a different level than when they played Covington. It is what it is. Maybe I’m biased because they beat us so many times but I bet a lot of people on here would agree if being honest.

I know this thread is supposed to be about Trenton and Westview. If Simpson has time to throw they could definitely beat Trenton. Simpson is a special talent. That’s a big if and I don’t see it happening. I think he will be running for his life all night.