Tha mightee Panthurs come two 825

STARSNBARS

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I'm not sure where I've been "stuck" on Potts' mistakes. I simply pointed out the fact that Powell played a relatively clean, gaff-free game in response to someone who claimed that Powell played a typical sloppy, mistake-filled game. Potts has had a tremendous season so far, and he is an incredible talent. I'm not sure if you're his dad, or a close family member, but if something I said struck a nerve, that wasn't my intent.

If the attitude in the locker room right now is anything like what you're accusing me (and others) of, that is pretty telling. The defense has been flat-out terrible, but this team doesn't have a chance to galvanize or have any postseason success if they are constantly throwing each other under the bus.

"Potts didn't make any bone-headed plays"......This is what you said.....no nerve struck at all, just simply responding to your comment.  Also there is no need to speculate on the locker room talk, not sure how you twisted my response into "locker talk"  

53 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Everybody is stuck on Powell QB making mistakes.  The kid was a Mr. Football Semifinalist in his first year starting varsity!  If not for QB Powell doesn't win a game.  The defense is absolutely awful, and has been for 3 years.  Imagine the pressure the kid is under knowing that his offense has to score every time they touch the ball to win.  So of course he is going to take risks, he has to!  At some point the defense has to take accountability for how terrible they are, and stop pointing blame at the QB for every little thing.  He has played lights out to start the year, and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon.  Oh....did I mention that the defense has let up 100 points this year so far.....meanwhile the QB has played PERFECT so far.  So stop making comments about last year performance at times, and know that players grow from year to year.  It is a new year.  MOVE ON!

You are correct about the defense.  It needs a major overhaul. 

And we all know your son is a tremendous QB and he seems to be a really good kid.  My advice to you as somebody who has been around high school sports as a media guy and as a dad for decades is to let him play and stop being a helicopter Dad.  He doesn't need that kind of extra pressure.  

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Last I checked those WR don't throw to themselves.  lol  Also are those WR studs if they had a William Blount QB or Campbell County QB.  It goes both ways, they all compliment each other very well.  

An average HS QB could look dang good if he was throwing to those 4-5 cats that the Panthers roll out weekly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Everybody is stuck on Powell QB making mistakes.  The kid was a Mr. Football Semifinalist in his first year starting varsity!  If not for QB Powell doesn't win a game.  The defense is absolutely awful, and has been for 3 years.  Imagine the pressure the kid is under knowing that his offense has to score every time they touch the ball to win.  So of course he is going to take risks, he has to!  At some point the defense has to take accountability for how terrible they are, and stop pointing blame at the QB for every little thing.  He has played lights out to start the year, and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon.  Oh....did I mention that the defense has let up 100 points this year so far.....meanwhile the QB has played PERFECT so far.  So stop making comments about last year performance at times, and know that players grow from year to year.  It is a new year.  MOVE ON!

You tell em Mr Potts !! LOL .... btw , your son is a very nice QB 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Potts = THE Powell Panthers. Got it. I’m sure the rest of the team appreciates this sentiment. Come on Pops, your boy is definitely good, but he’s not the whole team. Without a line to block, he has no time. Without the receivers he has, the stats don’t look near as pretty. An average qb would still look good with all the athletes he has around him. 

18 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

I was there and very close to the action.  I was very impressed with the QB and think that he's pretty dang good.  Very patient and sees the field well.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Potts is a VERY GOOD HS QB. No doubt about it. Kid is a player.

6 minutes ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Potts = THE Powell Panthers. Got it. I’m sure the rest of the team appreciates this sentiment. Come on Pops, your boy is definitely good, but he’s not the whole team. Without a line to block, he has no time. Without the receivers he has, the stats don’t look near as pretty. An average qb would still look good with all the athletes he has around him. 

I wish I was the kids daddy.....

1 hour ago, HTV said:

You are correct about the defense.  It needs a major overhaul. 

And we all know your son is a tremendous QB and he seems to be a really good kid.  My advice to you as somebody who has been around high school sports as a media guy and as a dad for decades is to let him play and stop being a helicopter Dad.  He doesn't need that kind of extra pressure.  

son......?  LMAO

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 9:08 PM, GREYRIDERx said:

I just have to say it. Big boy but not the #1 player in the country ...no way. Too much hype. Id say there is an athlete or 2 playing for Oakland that would better fit that bill. 
unimpressed 

Really bad take here. Not in game shape for sure, but there are 2 or 3 reps that you can pick out, that show why he’s the number #1 defensive line prospect in the country. There’s a play where he crosses the face of the guard as a backside 3 tech and makes a play in c gap-ish in the backfield. The video that was previously shared of the big hit in the backfield is good evidence. He made a play of toss sweep. Human beings his size aren’t supposed to move the way that he does, and THAT’S why he is the number one player. Plenty of guys have made 20 tackles in a high school game that couldn’t be successful in big time college football. It’s not his stats that make him what he is. 

1 hour ago, JAG37849 said:

Really bad take here. Not in game shape for sure, but there are 2 or 3 reps that you can pick out, that show why he’s the number #1 defensive line prospect in the country. There’s a play where he crosses the face of the guard as a backside 3 tech and makes a play in c gap-ish in the backfield. The video that was previously shared of the big hit in the backfield is good evidence. He made a play of toss sweep. Human beings his size aren’t supposed to move the way that he does, and THAT’S why he is the number one player. Plenty of guys have made 20 tackles in a high school game that couldn’t be successful in big time college football. It’s not his stats that make him what he is. 

:thumb: you got it.