D2 AAA

plato

9 minutes ago, Navy21412 said:

I was always told that Cookeville (or whatever entity represents the city) made revenue guarantees to the TSSAA that other cities weren't willing to match.  I.e., whatever they missed on ticket sales, they would just past the hat around in Cookeville and make up the difference if they were short.  And that's why the kept the BCB for so long.  No one that I ever talked to liked the games being there--coaches, administrators, fans.  I never really minded it the couple of times I have been; it just wasn't conducive for crowds.  No walk-up crowd at all, and no really good reason for all but the die-hard fans to make that trip.

I always thought if you are going to play it in a small town like Cookeville then at least rotate the games among a couple of different small towns.  Or split them up among a couple of locations each year so that some teams aren't playing on Thursday morning.  I know it was broached a number of times with the TSSAA by private schools to stage their BCB at another location (with the TSSAA getting the same economics) and it was a non-starter.

Hence the mission of the T$$AA is to make money and not serve the schools and players. (At least during football season)

52 minutes ago, VOLHAWK said:

UTC stadium more appealing than Vanderbilt's as well. Div II championship games should be played different weekend.

I think to draw more fans, especially not associated with a particular team playing, the location should be somewhat central, and a destination city. 

On 10/19/2021 at 6:26 PM, Indian said:

5 classes (or 6), 1 division would be acceptable to me if the private schools were in the top classes-plus proven recruiting was dealt with harshly. Not just taking away scrimmages. 

....Boogers lil Injun friend and that T$$AA board feller Lane fron Dunlop were whinin and complainin when the privates were amongst you PUBs takin your Gold Balls.....and now 7 years after class readjustments and you PUBs bein freed of the misery of havin a Private storm into Dunlop and thumpin down and illegally takin your Gold Balls aways....Injun still whinin bout privates

.....so nobody in the private sector cares one iowa bout what that Lane fellers Lil Redskinned Buffalo Chip Puffin sidekick thinks bout what the private schools may or may not be doin

Booger just sayin :cry: 

30 minutes ago, Booger said:

....Boogers lil Injun friend and that T$$AA board feller Lane fron Dunlop were whinin and complainin when the privates were amongst you PUBs takin your Gold Balls.....and now 7 years after class readjustments and you PUBs bein freed of the misery of havin a Private storm into Dunlop and thumpin down and illegally takin your Gold Balls aways....Injun still whinin bout privates

.....so nobody in the private sector cares one iowa bout what that Lane fellers Lil Redskinned Buffalo Chip Puffin sidekick thinks bout what the private schools may or may not be doin

You need to worry about fixing that little green wagon. 

22 hours ago, Booger said:

:lol:

image.png.2336e045a3cbd03d1a6e09b0edf32886.png

CPA at Lipscomb is the Channel 30 game this week in Nashville. Frees up my NFHS stream to watch Pope Prep at Ravenwood.

I didn't realize Knox Catholic played last night until I read it here. Quite the ending with the game-winning reception by Catholic WR #7.

Ensworth at Brentwood Academy tonight should be interesting.