The 5 best coaches this year

JPATS5

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy50, How far in the past are we talking, because it sure didnt happen this season. We have had one loss (Ezell) and our Defensive coordinator took responsiblity for that. Coach Akins took our team from that game and made them into the team you know today, AT LEAST one of the top 2 teams in the state. There was no choking involved.

Oh, just so you all know, when I said he was the best, I was just talking about 1-A. I dont know enough about other division's coaches to place Coach Akins over them.

[Edited by boydbucbarry on 12-3-02 3:56P]

Formercav,

I'll agree on Pratt. Our coach told us that the school was about to get rid of the football program till Pratt came in.In just a few years he has built a powerhouse.By the Way...our fieldhouse is about 3times the size of Crockett Co. (just thought i'd let you know) B)

IT'S JUST THE FACTS!!!

Like FHSTE84 i'm biased bc i played for him but he has to get mentioned. Franklin has always had talent but he molded us into a great team with his discipline. He is a great guy and loves the game of football. If I had to nominate some others from 5A I'd say Ron Crawford from Brentwood and a mention to Greg Gregory.

Guest AZguy24

Coach Greg Gregory of Centennial High School deserves some recognition for a successful season at a program that in the past has been known as a loser. I played for Coach Gregory for 3 years before I moved to Arizona my senior year and the lessons I learned from him will stick with me for a lifetime. Coach Gregory teaches his players the value of character, hardwork, and discipline both on the playing field and beyond it. A 7-4 record is a vast improvement upon the previous 2-8, 3-7, and 2-8 seasons. Not to mention that CHS is not blessed with the greatest support and talent base. What he and his staff have done and will continue to do is truly amazing. Oh yeah the coaches from Franklin High and Brentwood High aren't so bad either.